Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Derbygasman Standard Station in Robbinsdale, MN - Sun May 03 2020 09:31 PM
Happy Sunday Oldgas. I’ve been collecting cars and gas and oil for over 30 years now and never knew I had a family history in the business. I found out a couple months back that my great grandfather owned a Standard and maybe also a Pure station in Robbinsdale in the 40’s-60’s. Of course now I have been trying to find out any information on the station(s) I can. The Standard station was located on the corner of Broadway and 40 1/2 street and sat at an angle facing the intersection. I have found one picture of it on a historical site of a parade. If anyone lives up in that area and has any additional information or pictures I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Marshall

Attached picture CB4B1733-E110-4DC1-BEF6-8A527AEB68DE.jpeg
Posted By: Tankar Re: Standard Station in Robbinsdale, MN - Mon May 04 2020 12:38 AM
I remember seeing this in a PCM magazine and i'm sure this is the same station

Attached picture 002.JPG
Attached picture 003.JPG
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Standard Station in Robbinsdale, MN - Mon May 04 2020 02:24 AM
Thanks John
Posted By: Tankar Re: Standard Station in Robbinsdale, MN - Mon May 04 2020 01:36 PM
No problem
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Standard Station in Robbinsdale, MN - Tue May 05 2020 05:19 PM
If anyone else has pictures or suggestions on any websites or organizations to research this station through I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Marshall
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Standard Station in Robbinsdale, MN - Tue May 05 2020 08:29 PM
Marshall, You might see if you can locate a historical society for either the town or county the station was located in to see if they can assist or point you in another direction. The local library or newspaper might also be of assistance. It is lots of leg work to be sure, but you never know what information is out there waiting to be found. Best of luck with your quest for knowledge!
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Standard Station in Robbinsdale, MN - Wed May 06 2020 02:25 AM
Jim thanks for the recommendations.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk