Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: advertologist need too see in person - Sun Apr 26 2020 05:24 PM
in order too make a decision -
hard too tell from pictures the extent of the touch up, would need a before picture
& with seller offering no returns you couldn't take that chance
priced at where the sign must have some serious problems..
awesome graphics on this sign .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/45x42-Rare...vice-Porcelain-Oil-Gas-Sign/114086317225

Attached picture 1hussn.jpg
Posted By: Alex Re: need too see in person - Sun Apr 26 2020 06:23 PM
Hi Randy. The auction description says returns allowed for one week and that people can come inspect it....having said that...I have no idea....
Posted By: advertologist Re: need too see in person - Sun Apr 26 2020 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Alex
Hi Randy. The auction description says returns allowed for one week and that people can come inspect it....having said that...I have no idea....

click on shipping - scroll down too return policy

Return policy

Return policy details

"Seller does not offer returns."

double talk on this.. ... cool
Posted By: Alex Re: need too see in person - Sun Apr 26 2020 09:03 PM
I missed that part....
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: need too see in person - Sun Apr 26 2020 10:20 PM
Too many red flags with seller- look at some of the signs for sale and sold.
Posted By: nuts66 Re: need too see in person - Sun Apr 26 2020 11:38 PM
Maybe someone can correct me but as I remember --- isn't there another hole on one edge towards the bottom. Mine's gone so I can't compare
Posted By: minuteman Re: need too see in person - Mon Apr 27 2020 12:02 AM
The seller just happens to mention restoration a couple times. Doesn't come right out and say it, but keeping that in mind and the price
I suspect that maybe the case, after quoting big numbers for signs sold in auction.
Posted By: mtrotnic Re: need too see in person - Mon Apr 27 2020 11:24 PM
It's my understanding that any ebay sellers mention of no returns is non sense and not correct. All sellers have to offer returns from what I've read and heard.

New grommets🤔

Same seller also has this one listed...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/42x45-Rare-Original-Vintage-Antique-1930-Husky-Service-Porcelain-Oil-Gas-Sign/113193298007?hash=item1a5ad8a857:g:-ScAAOSwol5Y3Tad

where he says "All other Husky signs on ebay are REPRODUCTIONS". So using his own words he says the first sign is a REPRODUCTION! Mystery solved😉
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: need too see in person - Tue Apr 28 2020 05:41 AM
Michael,

I have reviewed both auction pages.

I am lost with your last paragraph: "So using his own words he says the first sign is a REPRODUCTION! Mystery solved".

Please clearify.
Posted By: mtrotnic Re: need too see in person - Tue Apr 28 2020 01:24 PM
Deductive reasoning I suppose.
In his beat up Husky listing he says "All other Husky signs on Ebay are reproductions". If that statement is true HIS other Husky signs must be reproductions. I'm only using his words and logic.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: need too see in person - Thu Apr 30 2020 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by mtrotnic
where he says "All other Husky signs on ebay are REPRODUCTIONS". So using his own words he says the first sign is a REPRODUCTION! Mystery solved😉

^^LOL thats's funny Mike.

Joking aside, I don't know enough about the Husky to comment on it. But I was actually looking at his Flying A sign a few weeks ago, since I am in the market for one. He says there are two small repairs, near the large A and the F. And you can see repairs in his pics.

HOWEVER, that is far from the truth. He also stated that an auto body shop did the repairs. I believe the whole sign may be a re-paint. The L, Y, N, G, S, R, C and E all have issues. I believe the whole sign was a repaint and he's asking $10k ! I don't know the seller, and maybe he just doesn't know, and I apologize to you (the seller) if your reading this, but I believe your sign is a 100% restoration.

Here is a pic of the Flying A he has for sale, which I think was completely re-painted. Or at least has a lot of restoration.

Attached picture fakea2.JPG
Attached picture fakea1.JPG
Posted By: Speedracer Re: need too see in person - Thu Apr 30 2020 04:28 AM
Nice original Flying A from Route32 auction…. shocked

Attached picture real aa.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk