Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Help with estimated weight of pumps - Wed Jan 08 2020 06:03 AM
Hello ,

Can anyone tell me the estimated weight of a typical six gas pump complete with guts?

Thanks,
Rob
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Wed Jan 08 2020 02:07 PM
I did a search on this topic and all that came up was the estimated weight of a visible. I bet Jack Sim has information specs on pump weights?

Thanks,
Rob
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Wed Jan 08 2020 07:31 PM
I've shipped a few (3 at least) and seems like they came in at close to 300lbs +- each.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Wed Jan 08 2020 09:28 PM
I ship Beltman and use 300 lbs. as a rule. It is close. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Wed Jan 08 2020 09:29 PM
Name the pump and I will supply the weight.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 03:51 AM
Ok thanks guys! Jack let’s say a Wayne 70 and a Bennett 646

Thanks,
Rob
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 04:08 AM
The following includes the shipping crate.

Wayne 70, 475 lbs.

Bennett 640 Series: 548 lbs., twin 1096 lbs.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 04:48 AM
Thanks Jack this greatly helps me out!!

Rob
Posted By: SloDave Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 05:06 AM
I must be stronger than I thought I was.
Thanks for the great topic and information Rob, Jack and Dave!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 05:16 AM
Your welcome Dave! Everyone here will hopefully know soon why I am asking this question! A new video is in the works !
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 05:20 AM
Jeez, don't tell Beltman what actual weight is,,, ha ha
Thanx Jack for letting everyone know!
How about Wayne: 60 and 861 and Bowser 565 & 575?
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 06:49 AM
Just for fun, I’d like to know the weight of a Wayne 276, a Milwaukee 585 and a G&B 65. Three of the heaviest pumps I’ve ever had the pleasure of moving. Couple of boat anchors. Fun times. Ummm, doctor???

Jack you really don’t have to look those up unless you want to. It’s just kind of a fun topic. What’s the heaviest pump you’ve ever moved??? Or felt like the heaviest.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 07:04 AM
Now this is getting fun! Please Jack answer those questions for all of us! Believe me my video will make you smile if all goes well! If not a total laughing disappointment!!! I would also like this information if you can provide answers?

Thanks,
Rob
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 07:07 AM
G&B 65 square fell on me years ago breaking my collar bone on both sides. I am currently afraid to move one now! Yes I would love to know the weight of one of these!!!!!

Rob
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 07:10 AM
I felt like the beltman estimates were low . This is very interesting to me.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 07:13 AM
Weird thing Beltman always picks up an arcade machine from me not a gas pump! They always call my pumps arcade machines! I love pinball too! Pinball machines are real arcade not pumps lol!! Has anyone else experienced this ?

Rob
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 01:42 PM
Beltman uses GAMEROOM terms to lower the rate on shipping. I think it is a Federal Trucking Industry rate guide that they are working with? Only a guess but they are reasonable. I certainly can not pick up, blanket wrap, insure and deliver for what they charge......the rate is better on more than one item, on the order, too. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Thu Jan 09 2020 03:44 PM
Thanks for explaining this Paul.

Rob
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Sun Jan 12 2020 11:33 AM
As you notice it is 5 am as I type this. Recently I have been in and out of the VA hospital, too many thing going wrong, I am now almost 85, and the problem is which thing I need to do first. I have a garage filled with petroliana, that I need to get rid of, and my wife knows nothng about what anything is worth. I like this subject but each request requires going through a great deal of literature I have to find the answers. Since both my son and my daughter passed away this past summer, I have no one left to help me do things I need to do around the house. An example, it has taken me over a week to clean the bathroom mainly because I waiting for the VA to schedule me for a knee replacement. Still having fun, just moving a little slower.

When I purchased the 41 files of gas pump/servce literature, my goal was to sell this or copies of this, but with everyone expecting to find all this info on the web, it has turned out not to have been a good idea. I believe I have a person who is interested in purchasing everything I have, so in the while we work this out (I don't think he will be doing what I just think, he wants the collection for his own use) if you feel you would like to make a contribution to Old Gas for the information I supply and what many others supply, please support Jim Pots. As Jim's Old Gas expand\s should be able to click on the above and get a response.

Will be fiefurshing the bathroom Sunday, I will look up all the above requests.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Sun Jan 12 2020 04:16 PM
Jack,
I am sorry you have been going through a rough time with medical and life. You have always been helpful to all of us here on Oldgas. Please don’t worry about the above requests you answered my main question then all of us got carried away. You have helped me out very much.

Thanks,
Rob
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Help with estimated weight of pumps - Sun Jan 12 2020 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Gas Pump Rob
Jack,
I am sorry you have been going through a rough time with medical and life. You have always been helpful to all of us here on Oldgas. Please don’t worry about the above requests you answered my main question then all of us got carried away. You have helped me out very much.

Thanks,
Rob

I agree. Don’t worry about our weight requests. First and foremost, take care of yourself.

-Steve
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk