Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Flkrsn5 Can anyone help me with identifying this? - Sun Feb 03 2019 05:24 PM
I've had this in my possession for years now. My grandfather owned a Shell Gas Station from the 50s to 70s. I never got the opportunity to meet him as he passed before I was born, but going through some things I found this tie clip again and I think it finally hit me that it could be a Shell Oil Co. item. Does anyone know anything about it? I found other Shell tie clips but none that looked like this so I'm not even sure it is actually from Shell. Any help and value would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

[Linked Image]CD6C9A65-8F42-4B1F-8CE8-0FE8CC31D481
Posted By: hawkike Re: Can anyone help me with identifying this? - Sun Feb 03 2019 08:39 PM
Definetely a Shell tie bar,probably has no.of years under the Pecten?
Posted By: Flkrsn5 Re: Can anyone help me with identifying this? - Sun Feb 03 2019 08:45 PM
Yes, it looks like a 15. I saw Shell Oil Co tie clips but they didn’t look anything like this one which made me curious. Thanks for the confirmation.
Posted By: hawkike Re: Can anyone help me with identifying this? - Sun Feb 03 2019 09:15 PM
You are welcome,Pecten is the older style.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk