Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: RMikita Miller Rubber Co glass container - Sun Jan 20 2019 05:33 PM
This was found in a bottle collection, does anyone know anything about it, what it held. It has graduations on the back and a picture of a paintbrush brushing something on the tire or tube.

Attached picture 2235.jpeg
Attached picture 2237.jpeg
Attached picture 2311.jpeg
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Miller Rubber Co glass container - Mon Jan 21 2019 06:16 AM
I don't know anything about it. But my first thought (which is a guess) is that it is a jar to hold paint, to paint the letters or white walls on your tires. I'm probably wrong, but just taking a jab at it.

-Steve
Posted By: RMikita Re: Miller Rubber Co glass container - Thu Jan 24 2019 01:26 AM
Thanks, that make sense.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Miller Rubber Co glass container - Thu Jan 24 2019 02:52 AM
Well like I said it’s just a guess with the pic of paint brush(es) on/near the tire. I am probably wrong.

I’m not even sure what year(s) guys started painting tires compared to the year of that logo/tire.

It is fun trying to solve some of this stuff. Maybe someone else will chime in soon.

-Steve
Posted By: Smoketree Re: Miller Rubber Co glass container - Thu Jan 24 2019 04:23 AM

Miller also made rubber gloves, and a rubber glove was their trademark.

Attached picture M218-MillerRubberCo.jpg
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Miller Rubber Co glass container - Thu Jan 24 2019 06:04 AM
The oldest ad I have for Miller is 1916.

Jack Sim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk