Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bluespruce Works New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Tue Nov 06 2018 10:32 PM
Hello, I am here looking to understand more about collecting and what to look for. I have been interested in collecting advertising and enjoy the hunt more than anything. Looking to understand values and condition. My father has collected for 50+ years and that is where my interest started. My Father had this sign since the mid-80's. Can anyone tell me if it is an original or a remake. Just about everyone of his signs were original, this is the only one that I am unsure about and know little history on as well.

Attached picture QState.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Tue Nov 06 2018 11:04 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Wed Nov 07 2018 01:17 AM
Welcome to Oldgas.
Posted By: The_QS Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Wed Nov 07 2018 02:37 AM
Hey, Welcome to Oldgas,

This QS Sign is Original, this version was used from the early 60's to late 80's, and alot of them were made, i have over 50 of this version but i never get tired of looking at them, and thats not including all of the other versions of tombstones i have smile

QS
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Wed Nov 07 2018 09:01 AM
Rob,

Please understand the delimina we have here. Most of us have been collecting these items since back in the 1980s. We were collecting signs from back in the 1920s, we had no though that something that came out in the 1980s would be collectible, especially some of the signs made of plastic, Yes, you have something we would consider new, but look at it from your position, this is something you can afford, and I hope you bought it right.

Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Bible www.gaspumpbible.com
Posted By: we're the other guys Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Wed Nov 07 2018 12:14 PM
you have a very good looking sign. you can get a lot of good information from this site. Welcome aboard!
Posted By: Bluespruce Works Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Wed Nov 07 2018 02:50 PM
Thank you
Posted By: Bluespruce Works Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Wed Nov 07 2018 02:51 PM
Thank you for the information. I am glad to know more about it and this is the reason that I joined the site, so that I could learn more.
Posted By: Bass Master Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Wed Nov 07 2018 11:35 PM
Hey Rob, I sent you a p.m click on the blinking envelope by your name upper right hand corner of page.
Thanks, Brian
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Mon Nov 12 2018 12:33 AM
Hey Rob...I am like you in that I started a little late in my collecting. Two things will slow your collecting to a crawl. You will either run out of space or money...or both. My wife drew a line in the sand...my collection stays in the garage, so I am out of space. I have a tombstone sign like yours...not as nice...I believe mine is dated 1957. I posted a pic. I cannot tell from the pic what yours is...do you know?
Thanks and also welcome!
Steve

Attached picture CD0D9AA6-4EE1-4002-95B5-0DB0204A196C.jpeg
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Mon Nov 12 2018 12:36 AM
Oh...Speed Racer taught me how to straighten my pics...sorry...I forgot!
Steve

Attached picture 1B644684-8A90-440C-8789-9A2223BEEB3A.jpeg
Posted By: JimT Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Mon Nov 12 2018 10:53 AM
Show a shot of the info at bottom left. These tombstones in nice condition seem to be picking up steam $wise.
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Re: New Member, Quaker State Sign? - Mon Nov 12 2018 11:47 AM
I already had this pic in my files. The bottom left should be readable.
Steve

Attached picture 527A7179-EC9E-4F40-8ADD-CFD1D961A454.jpeg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk