Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: KEZMAL NGK Spark Plug wall clock - what's his story? - Tue Nov 06 2018 03:20 AM
Hello all, newly registered member and first time poster here. We recently found this NGK Spark Plug "Man" wall clock in a second hand/collectibles shop in Burringbar (NSW - Australia) and we are wondering if anyone would be able to tell us something about it.

Size is 45cm(H) x 30cm(W), made of hard plastic possibly perspex. The spark plug man and NGK wording is painted/sprayed on - it is definitely not stickered.
The clock face is all metal - possibly aluminium or stainless - there is no magnetism element.
On the back are two hard rubber wall resters with deep screw sockets. The clock mechanism is by Aikosha (Aikosha Clock MFG Co., LTD Japan).

What we would like to know is the date this piece of NGK promotional item would have come about, if this item came out worldwide or just in Australia, and some history on the NGK Spark Plug Man would be wonderful.

Cheers all, Kez

Attached picture IMG_7331.jpg
Attached picture IMG_7332.jpg
Attached picture IMG_7333.jpg
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: NGK Spark Plug wall clock - what's his story? - Sun Nov 18 2018 11:44 PM
Hi Kerry, I wasn't familiar with the spark plug guy figure. When I saw your post last week, I thought the clock was made for the Asian and or Australian market. Today I found this plastic sign in a closed down cycle shop. Most of the items on the walls/shelves were c. 1970s, so I am assuming the sign and your clock is mid-late 1970's.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: NGK Spark Plug wall clock - what's his story? - Sun Nov 18 2018 11:59 PM

Attached picture IMG_7214.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk