Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: troutonfly accuracy of pricing - questions from a newbie - Tue Oct 09 2018 03:24 PM
Hello petroliana pros ; forgive the stupidity but why is this sign priced this way ?
Is it super rare or large ? Do signs with this type of price point change hands often ? Hopefully someone can tell me why this is priced this way
thanks in advance
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/10OdmEF55vaBfB8itqgCBKfc33rDwdL_j/view?usp=sharing[/img]
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: accuracy of pricing - questions from a newbie - Tue Oct 09 2018 11:02 PM
Blake, that link goes to a picture of a sinclair H-C sign but there is no price in the picture. Sinclair items are popular if that helps you, I have this sign in much nicer shape. Relatively common sign that has decent value.
Posted By: troutonfly Re: accuracy of pricing - questions from a newbie - Wed Oct 10 2018 01:48 AM
Apologies, I was referring to this sign

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/b...s-station-advertising-sign/id-f_2847392/
sign of subject: .. ... cool

Attached picture 1sinc48.jpeg
It’s not worth that. It’s just a dumb ***** waiting to find another dumb *****. You’ll find plenty of those in this hobby
Posted By: gdubya Re: accuracy of pricing - questions from a newbie - Fri Oct 12 2018 02:28 AM
Not sure what this post means....all of my replies are held by moderators so they can be sure it's appropriate....so I'm confused about this post...imho
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: accuracy of pricing - questions from a newbie - Fri Oct 12 2018 04:21 PM
Everything on 1stdibs is pricey. You have to be a business of certain size, overhead, etc, to sell on there. Even with that, sign is too high.
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: accuracy of pricing - questions from a newbie - Tue Oct 16 2018 11:56 PM
$3885? Crazy high for that sign in that condition. A lot of people look at the hobby as an income and have way out of line prices. Look at auction results, a lot of stuff sells for prices at auctions that most probably would not sell if priced at the final hammer price at a show.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk