Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: coltex Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 02:32 AM
I haven't ever paid close attention to pumps models/makes. Can someone help me identify this pump I just bought? Thank you.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 02:51 AM
Wayne 60T, made for tidewater oil co. 1936 thru 1939
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 02:59 AM
Your pump is a version of the Bennett 155, it is not shown in my Gas Pump ID book. This pump was sold to anyone, but Bennett prepared these for Tydol when they bought them, that thing on the top is for a special globe/ad glass whatever, most of us call it the shoebox globe. I have a parts manual available for this pump, it is shown on this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%20135.htm

Jack Sim
Gas Pump ID book 3rd Ed., available soon.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 03:04 AM
Take another good long look there Jack! That's NOT a Bennett, its a Wayne 60T!!!!
Posted By: Ed Steagall Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 03:23 AM
Kevin is right, I had one of these. I thought coltex was pulling our leg! A rare and sought after pump. I don't suppose you got a white, milk glass, square globe with it too? Ed.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 03:31 AM
You got yourself a good one. I am the currant owner of the one Ed Steagall mentioned and I am happy to have it. The pump below in my post is a Bennett 155 that Jack mentioned.
Posted By: coltex Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 03:36 AM
Thanks a million guys. I knew it was good because I haven't ever seen one in my 30+ years of collecting. Sorry, No globe on it. I'll have to look for one.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 03:52 AM
It will be hard to find a original shoebox globe and very pricey if you do. You can get a reproduction one from Paul Bell here on oldgas. He even offers the Super Extra. Here is a thread I did on shoebox pumps. You should add pictures of your pump to this thread. http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=687256
Posted By: azjockey Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 03:56 AM
REALLY NICE FIND. GREAT PUMP
Posted By: 46WL Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 02:07 PM
The 60T, one of my favorites!
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 02:16 PM
What a find, sometimes you just get lucky. Congratulations.
Posted By: Ed Steagall Re: Pump Identification Help - Tue May 15 2018 03:08 PM
The missing face plate looks the same as a regular Wayne 60. What do you think Matt? Ed.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Pump Identification Help - Wed May 16 2018 03:53 AM
Ed, a regular 60 face bezel will work. The hinge door model has a lip spot welded to the bottom that would need to be removed. The horse shoe trim is the same as a wide body.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk