Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Judgeyoung 'Nuther ol Texas guy! - Thu May 10 2018 08:01 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for allowing me to register.

I am a car guy from Abilene, TX. I have grown up with cars and antiques for a lifetime. I have attended EVERY Pate swapmeet since the first one in about '71 or '72! I have built antique cars, race cars, motorcycles, recumbent bikes, wind generators, and even gone through a couple of sailboats. I like anything pertaining to cars, trucks, and motorcycles, and that includes oil and gas stuff.
We really like old stuff and have mountains of it from a lifetime of collecting by several generations. My family and I will appear on American Pickers on the History Channel in a couple of weeks from one of our storage shops is in Brady, TX.

What prompted me to actually sign up was the recent purchase of a 1926 era Keesee 106 that I am beginning to restore. I am well acquainted with restorations in general, but will need a lot of help being sure I do things pretty 'right' on this old pump. I need suggestions on authentic era colors, paint schemes, and branding. One skin is nice, but the other has a hole gouged in it and I am making a new replacement since it has no features or critical bends (the other one carries all the character items). I need to know if the Buckeye M nozzle that came with it is proper, or not? How to disassemble and do what is necessary to the pump mechanism? and what globe is period correct? Ideas? Suggestions?

I am looking forward to perusing the "search" sections to get answers to these, and likely other questions.

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...20000.1525982259.&type=3&theater[/img]
Posted By: advertologist Re: 'Nuther ol Texas guy! - Thu May 10 2018 08:16 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: 'Nuther ol Texas guy! - Thu May 10 2018 09:06 PM
Welcome to Oldgas from another Texas resident!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk