Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: hotcidr Fry disasembly - Sat Apr 14 2018 11:49 PM
I have sold my 5 gallon fry and the buyer wants me to take it apart at the top and the bottom as he has very little help moving it once he has it home.
I've taken the upper part apart and removed the cylinder but have a question. This one has the very heavy cast iron base. If I remove the four bolts on the base will the rest of the pump lift off of that, is it a free standing piece with the pump and remaining internal parts not attached to it?
Thanks for your help....Ray
Posted By: pasngas Re: Fry disasembly - Mon Apr 16 2018 11:48 AM
just got a ten gallon and took apart to free up marker tube. So my opinion is to leave it together and walk it around to where you need it. The four large bolts release assemble but it's not free standing leave 2 of the base bolts on one upper skin until your ready to remove assemble the pipes & marker assemble go down to base with the pump bolted to base also. I took the pump off mine i'ts bolted to base bracket then the one narrow skin 2 bolts that leaves the pipes etc. still hooked to back narrow skin by 2 upper bolts & 2 base bolts when you remove upper bolts 1 small 1 large assemble can fall that's skin then is all that's holding it to base, I removed my other 2 base bolts then lifted it up and to the ground before removing last upper skin. You could leave pipe assembly hooked to pump if still hooked to base assemble would probably stand there until piped disconnected but by yourself it'd be harder to control. Hope this isn't 2 confusing of answer but worked for me later Laroy
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk