Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Tue Mar 20 2018 10:35 PM
Greg in Ohio shares these photos of the Gulf porcelain panel gas station he is restoring to be used as a car dealership. He is looking for Gulf signs like: Gulflex, Washing, GULF Letters. What a beauty!

Attached picture greg-ohio-gulf2.jpg
Attached picture greg-ohio-gulf3.jpg
Posted By: Corey1955 Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Tue Mar 20 2018 10:42 PM
I have a newspaper add of Gulf No Nox and I have a NOS gas measuring stick in Gulf if he’d be interested. I also live in Ohio.
Posted By: Yellow57 Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Tue Mar 20 2018 10:51 PM
That's awesome!! I did one a few years back was a pure station at first then to gulf !! All lifts work put in new almost everything !! Lol and now rent it to a brake and alignment shop in town

Attached picture IMG_0700.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0701.JPG
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Wed Mar 21 2018 01:02 AM
Very nice Gulf station, those clean porcelain panels make it look like new!
Darin
Posted By: tred Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Wed Mar 21 2018 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by DWSheffer
those clean porcelain panels make it look like new!

yeah they do! other than that window air conditioner, it's like stepping back in time. at the very least, the a.c. unit is visually distracting, but that's just because the rest of the exterior is so cool. wish i had something to contribute to the restoration, it's awesome on so many levels!

any interior pictures?
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Thu Mar 22 2018 08:23 PM
yellow .... I go by that place almost every day!
Posted By: wayno48 Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Thu Mar 22 2018 08:30 PM
Paint the AC unit white. Done deal !
Posted By: JimT Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Fri Mar 23 2018 02:05 AM
Jim, What's Greg's user name?
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Fri Mar 23 2018 02:58 AM
Now. That’s Pertty !!
Posted By: wayno48 Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Fri Mar 23 2018 03:27 AM
Then remove it patch the hole and install one on the roof. what's the patch going to look like?
Posted By: Outboarder Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Sat Mar 24 2018 06:07 PM
Thank you for posting my photos of our GULF Porcelain Panel Ice Box Gas Station & for the invite to join your forum. The restoration process was we removed every porcelain panel (over 200 panels) we hand cleaned every one of them. Installed new furring strips to the block, added some foam insulation then rehung the panels & caulked in between the panels like original. We are looking for some Gulf signage like gulflex washing & gulf letters & etc for this building.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Sat Mar 24 2018 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by wayno48
Then remove it patch the hole and install one on the roof. what's the patch going to look like?

appears where the air cond is that was originally a full glass window as is in front .. ... cool
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Sat Mar 24 2018 06:26 PM
There are some signs in this action you might be interested in http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/p...p;gid=0&category=0&zip=&kwd=
Posted By: Outboarder Re: Restoring Gulf Station in Ohio - Sat Mar 24 2018 08:12 PM
Yes the a/c doesn't look the greatest. The previous owners had a repair garage renting the property out, they filled the glass in & installed a thru the wall a/c in that full window space. I actually own a hvac business across the street, we can aestheticly remedy that to a roof a/c or ductless air & install a glass window. Prior to porcelain panel restoration, we were aproached by Subway they wanted to remove all the panels, stucco the exterior, close in the garage doors, remodel it to their specifications. It would not have resembled a Gulf station. The amount of expense for us & for the amount of received mo rent it didnt make sense for us. So we decided to save the building. A used car dealer rented it, he since has moved out. We would like to lease out the property again but it has to be a right fit for the building. We have a lot of business visions for the building such as a antique shop, cool garage type restaurant, ice cream soda fountain, event center or etc.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk