Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: model72 Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Tue Feb 13 2018 09:52 PM
The chain that connects the hand reset rod sprocket to the sprocket on the hand gears (best explanation I can come up with) is missing on my 850. Does anyone have a photograph of the chain connected between the reset rod large sprocket and the small sprocket on the hand movement mechanism. It would be a photo with the chain guard removed. I can't figure out how the chain ran between the two sprockets. It doesn't appear to be a direct connection on my model. It will be a difficult area to take good photos. What does the spring do that goes over the reset rod? it connects to the sprocket on one end with a tang, but my spring is probably broken off since it is only 5 inches long and there is no tang on the end.

Attached picture chain drive on reset shaft.JPG
Attached picture chain drive hole in frame.JPG
Posted By: model72 Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Tue Feb 13 2018 09:56 PM
After looking at the photo I posted, maybe the chain guard pushes down on the chain far enough that it does connect directly to the small sprocket that is hidden from view. Can anyone confirm?
Joe
Posted By: texacojoe Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Tue Feb 13 2018 10:26 PM
Here is a pic that might help.

Attached picture joe new 220.JPG
Posted By: model72 Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Wed Feb 14 2018 01:23 AM
TexacoJoe, can you take another photo of the same area, but lower so I can see the spring that covers the hand reset rod? I assume my spring is broken as there is no tang on the left side, but there is a tang on the right side that fits into the sprocket. What is the spring's purpose?
Joe
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JimT Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Wed Feb 14 2018 04:07 AM
Ron Scobie sells a parts beakdown for 12 dollars. If Im not mistaken it looks like it might be 43 pages? Sounds like a lot of pages.
Posted By: model72 Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Wed Feb 14 2018 06:50 AM
I have one on order.
Posted By: texacojoe Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Wed Feb 14 2018 08:55 PM
Joe I think this is what your looking for, not the best picture but you can see the reset rod with the spring and the springs attaching point.

Attached picture Tok 850.JPG
Posted By: model72 Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Wed Feb 14 2018 10:06 PM
Thank you for posting the diagram. I can't determine where it attaches on the right side of the diagram.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Wed Feb 14 2018 11:18 PM
Here are some pictures of your pump. They are on my website at: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20850.htm

Jack Sim
Posted By: model72 Re: Tokheim 850 Chain Drive - Thu Feb 15 2018 03:10 AM
Jack, I sent you an email last week. I wanted to purchase two pieces of 850 literature. Never heard back from you. Maybe you never received it.
Joe
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk