Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SandPCollector Tydol Salt & Pepper Question - Thu Nov 30 2017 10:10 PM
I just picked up my first single Tydol salt shaker. I have never seen this particular Tydol style before and was wondering if any of you Tydol collectors out there had seen this type. The front decal looks like the Flying A type with the bottom logo removed. It doesn't appear to me that the bottom half of the decal was ever on the salt shaker. I was curious if any of you have a complete set and did the mate have a red front panel similar to the Flying A set shown? I have seen pictures of a couple of other Tydol sets, but they didn't look like this one.

Attached picture Tydol Back.jpg
Attached picture Tydol Front.jpg
Attached picture Tydol and Flying A.jpg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Tydol Salt & Pepper Question - Sat Dec 02 2017 05:58 PM
That is an odd one. The dark blueish-green color was used in the mid to late 50s. By then the Tydol name was dropped. Maybe this station owner still had his Tydol signs up at the time of handing out these S&Ps.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Tydol Salt & Pepper Question - Sat Dec 02 2017 06:26 PM
Thanks Matt and Happy Birthday!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Tydol Salt & Pepper Question - Sat Dec 02 2017 07:08 PM
You are welcome and thank you.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk