Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Kyle Light manifold for M&S script top?? - Mon Nov 27 2017 03:13 AM
I have a M&S 80 that is originally a flat top that I want to put a script top on. Is there any way to add a socket to the existing light manifold? There is a piece of pipe that comes off the existing manifold that turns up like It was put there in case a script top was added later.It looks like it just needs the little plug pulled out and a socket added. Has anybody done it that can give me some advice? Thanks.
Posted By: Kyle Re: Light manifold for M&S script top?? - Mon Nov 27 2017 03:40 AM
Pic

Attached picture IMG_20171126_18837.jpg
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Light manifold for M&S script top?? - Mon Nov 27 2017 12:25 PM
Remove the manifold so you can work on it in a vise. Remove the plug and install 1/2" plumbing to the height you want. Fabricate the lights needed for the script top then replace manifold. All these things are common sense fixes.....not hard at all...and no, I have no pictures....I just do it. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Light manifold for M&S script top?? - Mon Nov 27 2017 02:04 PM
Here is what an original looks like. What Paul said... easy to fabricate from local hardware supply. Pipe sticks up about 6".

Tom.

Attached picture IMG_20171127_23372.jpg
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Light manifold for M&S script top?? - Mon Nov 27 2017 02:36 PM
As long as your “in there”, I’d put in all fresh wiring all around and a new light switch (standard household switch with ends cut off). I like to sacrifice a cheap extension cord from Home Depot so you don’t have to attach a plug.
Posted By: Kyle Re: Light manifold for M&S script top?? - Mon Nov 27 2017 05:08 PM
Thanks for the info guys. That should be all I need to know to get it done. Hey Tom, is that a parts pump or do you have any M&S 80's for sale? I need another pump to put a script top on.
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Light manifold for M&S script top?? - Tue Nov 28 2017 12:06 PM
Kyle,

I have a good inventory of 80's, complete pumps and parts. Your not too far from me, your welcome to come up.

Tom.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk