Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jack Sim I need advice - Tue Nov 14 2017 05:40 AM
Many of you know that the very large petro website I built (12,000 images alone) years ago is now there to look at only, I cannot add/delete/change anything. It was built using a Microsoft program called Front Page. Recently MS stopped supporting the program, it just sits there. I know this might not be petro, but because I intend to build another Petro site I hope someone here can suggest a web builder program that does not require me learning HTML.

Thanks,

Jack Sim
Posted By: T-way Re: I need advice - Tue Nov 14 2017 02:37 PM
Jack,
I'm a graphic artist - but I don't design websites.
I had a web designer do the initial building of my site and then I do the updates.
You can learn easily how to add graphics, pages, text, etc. without having to know 'code'.
Dreamweaver is the program I use.
It allows you to see the page in the 'Design' mode - or to see all the freaking code in 'Code' mode.
I almost exclusively work in Design mode.
Jim Potts is who you need to talk to.
He designs sites and manages a bunch of them for his clients.
I'm sure he'd have valuable input.
Jim
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: I need advice - Wed Nov 15 2017 05:19 AM
Jim,

Thanks, I was hoping to find a program like Front Page, but I will get in touch with Jim Potts soon.

Jack
Posted By: Oldgas Re: I need advice - Wed Nov 15 2017 01:42 PM
Contact me by email, Jack. I'll recommend some options available to you.
Posted By: BryceG Re: I need advice - Wed Nov 15 2017 03:55 PM
i have experience in dreamweaver, but honestly, you have to consider what your time is worth. for me, i didnt have the time to build my own in dreamweaver and maintain it that way.

so I chose to use GoDaddy's website builder, for which there is a monthly charge. updating and changing stuff is a breeze and i can manage it anywhere from any device with a browser.
Posted By: hh454 Re: I need advice - Fri Nov 17 2017 01:02 AM
I think front page was replaced with Microsoft expression web... not sure if there is an easy upgrade path or if you get any credits for upgrading from front page. Probably a good time to look at all options available.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk