Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bob Richards WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Thu Oct 12 2017 09:20 PM
Anyone collect these Oil Company WWII Federal Use Stamp Windshield decals?

I was outbid on a different Gilmore decal a little while a go. And missed out on a pair of Associated decals, late last year...

I am hoping that someone collects these and will tell me where to find them on Ebay? Also am I using the correct terminology, for the decals? I hope to add to my little selection....

Any help will be greatly appreciated...
PM sent.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Mon Oct 16 2017 07:23 PM
I figured I would try again,

Since I posted. I was able to pick up two more of the decals.

A Sinclair:

Also a smaller Gilmore:
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Tue Oct 17 2017 02:17 AM
Those are cool, Bob - I've never seen them before...maybe a west coast thing?
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Tue Oct 17 2017 04:56 PM
Mark, I was leaning towards that "train of thought"... And then I received an Email with this image in it...

Now, to find one....
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Tue Oct 17 2017 06:50 PM
...let me know if you find an extra Gulf wink
Posted By: GILMORE Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Tue Oct 17 2017 08:16 PM
Not sure what you type to search for them. I imagine most sellers don't know what they are. Larger ones are for license, smaller are for the tax stamps...

Posted By: Bob Richards Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Tue Oct 17 2017 09:04 PM
Thank you for sharing, Jeremy! Nice decals!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Wed Oct 18 2017 01:29 PM
I had to google to see what they were all about. Stamp collectors site refers to them two ways. WW2 US Revenue Stamps and WW2 Motor Vehicle Use Tax Stamps. Produced from Feb.1942-June 1946. One site says June 1945
Produced to promote public transportation due to fuel shortage and help pay for war effort. They are showing four 42 cents one month up to 5 bucks for a year. Wonder if gas station attendant had to check it before filling your car or truck probably so would explain the station logos.
Bob I punched in ww2 federal tax vehicle stamp,sure you have done this.
You know you shoot yourself in the foot now you have everybody looking for them .LOL!
Posted By: GILMORE Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Thu Oct 19 2017 08:32 PM
Bob- did you see this Hancock one Jim Kinker posted in the Lion's Den awhile ago?...

Attached picture 16601962_379008949144518_5019455697295459585_o.jpg
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: WWII Oil Company decal for Federal Use Stamp - Thu Oct 19 2017 10:20 PM
Thank you, Jeremy! I thought I had seen a Hancock "stamp decal"; but could not place where I had seen it... Once I could not locate it. I figured that "Old Age"; had reduced even more of my marginal brain cells to mush!!!!

Thank you for remembering the decal and for reposting it in its "glory"!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk