Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Hardy's Garage G&B TC Gas Pump - Mon Oct 09 2017 12:07 AM
Attached is a photo of the referenced gas pump and its data plate that I brought home this past Saturday. The plate is hard to read but the Model number is TC4SX5 and the serial number is 810944. The pump is hand operated and the seller had it for several years after removing it from his local DPW where he indicated it had been for a very long time.

I put on the one ad glass to give it more color but it has what appear to be factor blanks in place of all of the ad glass. The front and rear access doors have two locks each to keep them closed.

It is a hand operated pump and I've never seen one before. I was wondering if anyone else on this site had one or knows of someone that does.

Attached picture IMG_1362.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1363.JPG
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: G&B TC Gas Pump - Mon Oct 09 2017 12:53 AM
In my 2nd Edition I have it listed as a TC. The sales brochure I have for it is from England, but it appears it was also made and sold here in the U.S.

It is on page 163. Since your's is a hand operated can I use the picture in my 3rd edition?

Thanks,

Jack Sim
Posted By: keithia Re: G&B TC Gas Pump - Mon Oct 09 2017 12:55 AM
It looks like a clockface G&B 86. The pump handle kind of looks like a Wayne 515 handle. No idea why it has a model number like that.
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: G&B TC Gas Pump - Mon Oct 09 2017 12:59 AM
Very different than a G&B 87 clockface, also the pump handle is definitely G&B, just like what came on the T-176/177, etc. (stamped steel version)

It's basically a clockface version of the G&B model 80 with a hand pump.
Posted By: keithia Re: G&B TC Gas Pump - Mon Oct 09 2017 01:41 AM
You are right it is more like an 80 upon closer inspection. Here is a regular 80 for comparison.

Attached picture IMG_1296.JPG
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: G&B TC Gas Pump - Mon Oct 09 2017 01:46 AM
Such a cool pump!
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: G&B TC Gas Pump - Mon Oct 09 2017 03:17 AM
Guess kero means kerosene so maybe off electric line attached to above ground container. pumping in to small containers makes sense its hand operated.Cool pump.
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: G&B TC Gas Pump - Mon Oct 09 2017 06:32 PM
Jack, I sent you an email with a higher resolution photo. Please let me know if you need something different.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk