Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: shavron Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? - Wed Sep 20 2017 08:58 PM
I'm restoring a Tokheim 36B pump. It was painted blue all over. I was originally thinking of doing it over as a Texaco pump. I have there airplane banks and stuff. When I started to scrape off the Blue over the ad glass there were Mobilgas Special. So now I'm thinking is the pump was Mobilgas to keep that way. Now I started looking for images of old Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B pumps and are very few if any. So the question is did Mobilgas use Tokheim?
Is this from gas gas station that was bought out and changed.
Any Mobilgas guys out there to shed some light?, and as a general poll. Through your two cents in... Texaco or Mobilgas.

Attached picture IMG_20170831_34400.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20170831_17435.jpg
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? - Wed Sep 20 2017 09:04 PM
MOBIL-GAS
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? - Wed Sep 20 2017 09:18 PM
Mobilgas
Posted By: cggas Re: Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? - Wed Sep 20 2017 11:06 PM
Yes Mobil used tokheim gas pumps, & many other makes of pumps. Restore it to Texaco if you like? Or Mobil? Or even better if the paint is decent leave it the way it is and clean it up. Unrestored pumps are what I collect, need to has about 75% paint on them, or they would need a (Matt alverez )rustoration. But the blue pump wouldn't be politically correct for mobilgas. Chris
Posted By: advertologist Re: Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? - Wed Sep 20 2017 11:09 PM
my 2ยข, mobilgas .. ... cool
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? - Thu Sep 21 2017 06:45 AM
Either way, Texaco or mobil, it will be great. I'd do Mobil because you have the lenses already, nice to say the original lenses are in the pump. Id probably do the pump solid red rather than red/white but its personal opinion! I hate red/white.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? - Thu Sep 21 2017 12:50 PM
Put some "PURE" ad glass in the top and leave it alone. Less work, and the pump is way more desireable if you ever decide to sell it.
If you really want the mobil theme, just get some red paint and brush it on, just like they did in the old days!
Posted By: fast66 Re: Mobilgas Tokhiem 36B ? - Thu Oct 05 2017 08:01 AM
Mobilgas , of course ;-) and do it red with white doors - as it was done from the beginning!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk