Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: model72 Wayne 60 Globe Top Adaptor - Tue Aug 08 2017 02:38 PM
I recently purchased a Wayne 60 and it has the pot metal globe top adaptor. The top of the pump appears to have been made for the adaptor as the holes look factory made. I don't see a part number stamped on the adaptor. I measured the distance across the globe holder and it is 6.25". Based on the globe holder diameter, is this a reproduction adaptor?

Joe
Posted By: T-way Re: Wayne 60 Globe Top Adaptor - Tue Aug 08 2017 05:08 PM
I don't think so.

Reproduction globe holders are cast aluminum and are quite rough (and they don't fit worth a damn either).

Jim
Posted By: model72 Re: Wayne 60 Globe Top Adaptor - Tue Aug 08 2017 05:15 PM
Thank you for input. It was my understanding that original globe bases were 7' diameter. Did the standard change some time in the 1930s to less than 7" diameter?
Joe.
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: Wayne 60 Globe Top Adaptor - Tue Aug 08 2017 05:55 PM
Joe yours looks original. I have had quite a few 60's go through the shop all have had 6". I have never seen a 7" but that does not mean it does not exist. Richard
Posted By: JimT Re: Wayne 60 Globe Top Adaptor - Tue Aug 08 2017 07:42 PM
The Standard Oil Co. globe bases were 7". Other oil companies were 6" bases. I think maybe you understood it to be that 7" was the standard size for all bases? That is the more ornate globe holder Wayne made for the 60s. I have never seen one of those in the 7" version (For Standard Oil globe bases)
Posted By: model72 Re: Wayne 60 Globe Top Adaptor - Tue Aug 08 2017 08:18 PM
Thank you to all who responded.
Joe
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk