Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: bennett_646 reliding oil can flat - Mon Aug 07 2017 08:06 PM
I'm looking for someone who is able to take an oil can that has been flattened and reroll and lid it. Is anybody out there doing this?

thanks

Jake
Posted By: JimT Re: reliding oil can flat - Mon Aug 07 2017 10:23 PM
Sent you a PM with someones contact info.
Posted By: eshaver Re: reliding oil can flat - Mon Aug 07 2017 11:03 PM
I would be interested in seeing this done myself .
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: reliding oil can flat - Tue Aug 08 2017 01:36 AM
Done quite a few of them lately.
Dan
Posted By: huskybob Re: reliding oil can flat - Tue Aug 08 2017 02:25 AM
TeeTee did this one for Jarvis a number of years ago.

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=154702&page=all
Posted By: bennett_646 Re: reliding oil can flat - Tue Aug 08 2017 02:51 AM
This is what I have to start with. Couldn't pass up this can in any form!

Attached picture IMG_1552.JPG
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: reliding oil can flat - Tue Aug 08 2017 05:04 AM
Years ago Dick Bennett was the guy who you sent your cans to, to be either re-lid, or restored. He was the guy, but unfortunately he is not with us anymore.

I am pretty sure I know who purchased all his equipment to do this service, but I have not seen where this person has announced his desire to again offer this service. Why this person bought all this equipment and not used it is beyond me.

After the death of DB his assets were sold out to a few people. There was no auction. Where all the gas pumps, etc. went I truly don't know.

While I was truly surprised at learning of the death of DB, I have always wondered where his great deal of pumps, etc. went to.

Jack Sim
Posted By: redindianguy Re: reliding oil can flat - Tue Aug 08 2017 12:16 PM
junior25 on here daryl leatherdale is excellent at this pm for his number if you wish .
Posted By: Burningriver216 Re: reliding oil can flat - Wed Jan 09 2019 04:56 PM
I have some cans that need re lid. Is there any way you could send me Darryl’s phone number? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: coopersplace Re: reliding oil can flat - Wed Jan 09 2019 05:41 PM
That is a good one to do for the outer edge of the lids are still attached to the top and bottom ends. A lot of times someone uses a regular can opener which cuts this off and shortens the quart. Also if there is still metal remaining on the backside around the hole it can be knocked back with a little bit of patience to fill in the hole. Cheers, Don.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk