Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: DWBoe New member question about Boe Lube Equipment - Thu Jun 29 2017 05:26 PM
I'm interested in finding information pertaining to Boe Manufacturing of Minneapolis, MN. Online searching led me to a forum here discussing a Boe lubester rack that was sold in an auction. It's clear that a lot of members here have some knowledge about the grease and oil dispensing products that Boe produced in the 1920's.

Why am I interested? Hans Martin Boe, the founder of Boe Manufacturing, was my great grandfather. Yet, very little knowledge of his company was retained in my family. I just recently started searching for information. I've learned a lot, and it's been a fun journey.

I'd love to learn more and exchange information with anyone else who's interested.

Best Regards!
Posted By: Bill jr Re: New member just joined - Thu Jun 29 2017 06:12 PM
Welcome to OLDGAS
Bill
Posted By: advertologist Re: New member just joined - Thu Jun 29 2017 06:31 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: New member just joined - Thu Jun 29 2017 08:15 PM
Welcome to Oldgas. The best of luck with your research!
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: New member just joined - Thu Jun 29 2017 11:34 PM
I have some Boe literature, what are you looking for?

Jack Sim
Posted By: DWBoe Re: New member just joined - Thu Aug 10 2017 10:02 PM
Hi Jack,

I would like to see photos of Boe products, and more information about the company. I have seen oil bottles with the Boe name, and a picture of one Boe lubester pump. I have copies of all 15 of his patents.
Posted By: minuteman Re: New member just joined - Fri Aug 11 2017 01:43 AM
Dan have you seen the Boe oil dispenser?
Has 4 glass tubes and dispenses oil from them
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: New member just joined - Fri Aug 11 2017 04:04 AM
Here is a Boe oil dispenser. I believe it was posted here on oldgas in the past. I did a search to try and find it again. I had no luck.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: New member just joined - Fri Aug 11 2017 04:09 AM
This looks like a Boe but do not know for sure if it is.

Posted By: Jack Sim Re: New member just joined - Fri Aug 11 2017 10:32 PM
I have a great deal of Boe literature, but I don't do Private Messages, so you will need to email me at: jhsim@petrocollect.com

Jack Sim
Posted By: DWBoe Re: New member just joined - Sat Aug 12 2017 07:53 PM
Hi Matt,
Thanks for posting that! I had not seen this before. There is a Boe Mfg patent for the faucets on the front of this type of oil dispenser, and for some oil display devices.

Attached picture Boe Mfg Co Oil Fountain Faucet Patent.jpg
Posted By: DWBoe Boe Mfg Co. Oil Bottles - Thu Aug 24 2017 04:38 PM
I've seen two styles of oil bottles with the name BOE MFG CO. One style has larger lettering, and says "PAT APPL'D FOR". The other style has the actual patent number, so I assume it is a later version.

Of the first style, I have seen that some have very distinct lettering, and some have less distinct lettering that looks almost hand-written. A seller on E-Bay selling the kind with less distinct lettering told me it was a replica. Do people really make replicas of glass oil bottles?

The shape of the bottle was patented by Hans Boe to enable one to hold the bottle more securely with one oily hand, and the ribs around the base provided a more secure grip when holding the bottle upside down by the base.

Attached picture Boe Patent Bottle.jpg
Posted By: joshua4774 Re: Boe Mfg Co. Oil Bottles - Mon Sep 18 2023 07:21 PM
Just acquired a BOE Oil and Gas carrier with the name on the carrier. Have not found any information on it on the web. Very cool item though.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk