Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Sallad71 Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Wed May 17 2017 11:44 PM
I'll try this again, trying to upload two pics.

Earlier today my cousin was doing landscape work in his yard and unearthed a Tydol DSP 30" He said it was buried about 10" deep. I never get this lucky!

Attached picture tydol1.jpg
Attached picture tydol2.jpg
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Thu May 18 2017 12:13 AM
Nice find, I'd take a metal detector to the rest of the yard!...
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Thu May 18 2017 12:34 AM
Originally Posted By Rabbitman
Nice find, I'd take a metal detector to the rest of the yard!...

X2... I would definitely take a metal detector to the rest of the yard. You never know.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Thu May 18 2017 12:56 AM
That is insane!! Would love to know how it got there!!
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Thu May 18 2017 04:35 AM
Some people used them as well covers in their yards back in the day, but usually one side is more damaged.

I know where there is an old White Star well cover I'm trying to buy, but the guy won't sell...... Yet😀
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Thu May 18 2017 06:02 AM
I started going to auctions when I got out of the Army in 1958. Not very interested in old gas at that time, but really after a couple of Model T cars. Since that time I have gone to almost three auctions per week. Sometimes it didn't have to do with anything petro, but I do remember walking past a tree and stuck in the tree was a petro sign. Only god knows how long this sign was stuck there, but unless the complete tree was cut down, would anyone ever enjoy owing this sign. You don't know where your next treasure will be.

Jack Sim
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Thu May 18 2017 11:56 PM
Nice!!
Posted By: pickurt Re: Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Fri May 19 2017 01:22 PM
Ah the thrill of discovery. got to love finding buried treasure.

Posted By: RustyGold8383 Re: Tydol 30" DSP found buried in backyard - Sun May 21 2017 03:32 AM
That is some nice buried treasure there. I like the metal detector idea, never know what else you might find!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk