Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SWABBY Old service station to be torn down - Wed Apr 19 2017 01:42 PM
Good morning all....A guy here in Notus, ID. has an old service station he wants disassembled and taken away. Looks to be in the 30-40 era..I have several pic so if anyone wants to take this down and away, let me know and will get together with owner..Thanks Warren
Posted By: advertologist Re: Old service station to be torn down - Wed Apr 19 2017 01:57 PM
pictures? .. ... cool
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Old service station to be torn down - Wed Apr 19 2017 06:27 PM
Yes pictures please
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Old service station to be torn down - Wed Apr 19 2017 09:13 PM
Pic will be coming shortly....
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Old service station to be torn down - Thu Apr 20 2017 06:09 AM
If it a porcelain section building it is easily disassembled and moved, but if it a stone, etc. type building moving it might be impossible, because the the cost of jacking it up and how far does someone wanting it moved.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Old service station to be torn down - Thu Apr 20 2017 03:47 PM
Warren, you can e-mail me the pic's and I can post them if that helps.
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Old service station to be torn down - Fri Apr 21 2017 04:11 PM
Here are a few pic of the old station...I have more if interested...

Attached picture gas station and barn wood 001.JPG
Attached picture gas station and barn wood 002.JPG
Attached picture gas station and barn wood 010.JPG
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Old service station to be torn down - Fri Apr 21 2017 04:14 PM
This station has two rooms. each approx. 16X16..He wants to sell it but I think he would give it to you if you tore it down and removed from property..He wants to plow this area up and start farming it..Warren
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Old service station to be torn down - Fri Apr 21 2017 05:48 PM
Neat little building....I hope it's saved!
Darin
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Old service station to be torn down - Fri Apr 21 2017 07:21 PM
Nice if someone is close enough to save this piece of history ! Be a shame to let it go down.
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Old service station to be torn down - Sat Apr 22 2017 04:18 AM
Pm sent
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Old service station to be torn down - Sun Apr 23 2017 11:21 PM
Originally Posted By Jack Sim
If it a porcelain section building it is easily disassembled and moved, but if it a stone, etc. type building moving it might be impossible, because the the cost of jacking it up and how far does someone wanting it moved.

Jack Sim

Removing the porcelain panels from a concrete block station is easy.
Removing porcelain panels from a steel frame station is MUCH harder.
Dismantling a steel frame is NOT for a do it yourselfer.
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Old service station to be torn down - Sun Apr 23 2017 11:22 PM
Originally Posted By SWABBY
Here are a few pic of the old station...I have more if interested...

Can't tell by the pics....is it bolted or riveted together?
Posted By: beneckart Re: Old service station to be torn down - Thu May 04 2017 11:23 AM
Looks like a Butler Manufacturing building from the 1920's. Other examples
http://www.enarco.com/union/butler.html
http://www.enarco.com/union/images/dearing.jpg
Posted By: beneckart Re: Old service station to be torn down - Thu May 04 2017 11:27 AM
Also see Butler catalog here, Page 32.
https://archive.org/stream/ButlerReady-m...ge/n33/mode/2up
Posted By: UpnorthNeil Re: Old service station to be torn down - Thu May 04 2017 02:10 PM
This is the type of group knowledge that is unmatched on any other petroliana site. Thanks for sharing guys.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Old service station to be torn down - Thu May 04 2017 05:23 PM
I love to see members helping each other, sharing resources, experience and opportunities.
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Old service station to be torn down - Thu May 04 2017 07:09 PM
At last report from the owner, the station has been sold and is no longer at the location. So someone did get it......
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Old service station to be torn down - Thu May 04 2017 07:12 PM
Awesome, great to hear. Hopefully someone on here picked it up and we can follow the renovation.
Posted By: beneckart Re: Old service station to be torn down - Tue May 16 2017 10:53 PM
Here is one like it being moved in Springfield, Ill.
http://visuals.sj-r.com/mahans-makes-the-move-to-a-new-home/
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Old service station to be torn down - Wed May 17 2017 07:57 AM
Great stuff. Around here they would bulldoze it and sell it for scrap. Dave
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk