Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: indymike500 aqua systems 850 - Wed Dec 21 2016 12:34 PM
aqua systems 850 pump bottoms of all 4 panels are rustr ed about 4"should i chop panels off and lower pump or fix panels thanks mike
Posted By: Nucky Re: aqua systems 850 - Wed Dec 21 2016 01:58 PM
if you hit your leg on a table, would you chop both legs to lower yourself ? I'm just kidding grin grin grin

I would fix the panels to make just like it was when it came off the factory

have a merry christmas
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: aqua systems 850 - Thu Dec 22 2016 06:03 AM
A research of Aqua history might help you in your problem. Go to this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/pc-1.htm
Click on Company Histories
Scroll down to Aqua, you will see that Aqua became a part of the Neptune about the time your pump was made.
If you have a copy of my Gas Pump ID book, look up the Neptune 855 pump, I believe your pump is identical to the Neptune 855, and now you have two places to look for replacement parts.

Jack Sim
Posted By: hawkike Re: aqua systems 850 - Thu Dec 22 2016 10:44 PM
I suspect that most people on this site have no knowledge of an Aqua system.In my thirty years of driving tankers I can only recall one air base that used that system that we delivered to.I bet Jack knows!

shocked
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: aqua systems 850 - Fri Dec 30 2016 12:02 PM
Pumps rarely look good chopped, lose their proportions. Best to replace metal, fiberglass will work if you don't want to do metal work.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk