Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Texaco Petrox without Date or "Made In USA" - Fri Oct 14 2016 06:39 PM
I just purchased this Texaco Petrox pump plate at an estate sale...not eBay. I need help. Either this is a reproduction or an oddity that I have never seen. Was the Texaco Petrox pump plate ever produced without the date and "Made In USA" on the bottom corners? I need some help from our veterans...Thanks!

Attached picture image.jpeg
IMO looks good but, I would have thought P&M sign (Canadian version) if it didn't have the su-preme...
Sign of subject

Attached picture imagef.jpeg
Attached picture imagey.jpeg
Posted By: cggas Re: Texaco Petrox without Date or "Made In USA" - Fri Oct 14 2016 07:10 PM
Is the petrox a decal covering the date? I have seen them with the decal added covering the date b4, also seen them with the bolt on petrox. Texaco waz very good about dating just about everything!!
cgas
After taking these pics I cleaned sign. There is no decal. The Petrox bottom is original to the sign.

Also

Keystone...do you think it is Canadian?
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Texaco Petrox without Date or "Made In USA" - Fri Oct 14 2016 07:31 PM
I have seen a lot of pump plates without dates and manufacturing marks. I always steer clean because I like my stuff to be marked. Not saying it is fake by any means just personal preference. Sign looks legit from a picture

Dan
I could be wrong but, this is the only style of Canadian I have ever seen.

Attached picture Canadian SC  8 x 12-1.jpg
This one has good shelving and looks good from every aspect except the lack of a date. All the reproductions I have seen also have a date on them....scratching my head!
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: Texaco Petrox without Date or "Made In USA" - Sat Oct 15 2016 09:31 AM
Texaco was very good at standardizing their signs, but they did contract their sign making. This one looks original to me, and might of slipped through a sign makers QA/QC process without a date or Made In U.S.A on it.
Thanks Jamie!
PM sent to Jamie
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk