Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Mike M. Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 03:06 PM
Please take a moment and add Ron Scobie to your prayers as he had surgery to fix a problem and is having a few complications as we speak.

For those of you that know Ron, You know he hates to stand still for too long and I think that the most is getting the best of him right now. As a person who is only happy when I've got 10 projects going myself, I can see how anything that takes me out of my normal rhythm would drive me crazy!

Please take time for sending a good prayer his way for a speedy recovery as there is a whole lot of knowledge and friendship that we don't want to lose anytime soon!!

I will probably get a hard time from Ron for posting this as he kind of keeps his privates to himself but He's one of us in this hobby and prayers are needed.
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 03:27 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the notice. I have dealt with Ron for several years and he has been my go to guy for a number of pump projects. Every time I order something he would send it out with an invoice, never asked for payment first and has supplied parts that no one else has.

He will be in my prayers and whishes for a speedy and full recovery.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 03:30 PM
Prayers sent. I hope and pray that you start feeling much better soon, Ron!
Posted By: Hemi67 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 03:51 PM
My Ron Scoobie story is about the time I was down from Winnipeg many years ago to buy a few pumps from him. I had taken my 10 year old daughter with me for the trip. We got talking to him about how we had to get home so my daughter could finish her project on different rock types. I can't remember the exact reason, I think he had a geological background, but he had many rare rocks, and stones and gave her a bunch of them for her project with an explanation about each one. She got an excellent mark because of it. Thanks very much Ron, get well soon.
Vic Robinson Winnipeg
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 04:06 PM
Ron has always been a great boon to our hobby and as Mike said,is always talking about slowing down but never does/will. I always enjoy talking to him, he has always been nothing but gracious and helpful to me. Hope you get back on your feet soon, Ron....Gary
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 04:15 PM
Never met him,but would like too.
Prayers sent in hopes that I will someday.
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 06:15 PM
I've been dealing with Ron for a good many years. Our prayers go out to him. Richard
Posted By: SKomatinsky Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 06:23 PM
Wishing Ron a speedy recovery so he can continue to enjoy himself whether that is working or enjoying family/friends.
Posted By: pickurt Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 06:33 PM
Get well soon Ron. Kurt
Posted By: Tom R. Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 06:42 PM
All the best wishes going your way for a quick and thorough recovery Ron.

Tom
Posted By: dundign Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 07:58 PM
Thinking about you Ron
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 08:49 PM
Prayers for Ron's speedy recovery.
Posted By: LOWright Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 08:52 PM
Prayers from the Wright's
Posted By: eric grinder Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 09:18 PM
Prayers for Ron's recovery. OG community needs ya to get well soon!
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 09:37 PM
Ron is a class act. My prayers are being sent out to you, Ron. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 09:52 PM
Tom Buckles and I were just talking about Ron today and wondering how he was doing. Thanks Mike.
We will wish the best for him.
Posted By: skellyguy Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 10:03 PM
Prayers for Ron and I agree with everyone that Ron is a class act. Being relatively new to the hobby when I met him a few years ago, he was very helpful and friendly. I wondered about the message on his website - thanks for the update Mike.

Todd
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 10:14 PM
Ron, my thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery. You are truly missed.
Best wishes, Tom.
Posted By: mrcavalcade Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 10:22 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Ron.
Posted By: 1PetroFan Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 10:32 PM
I've only had a few, but had nothing but great dealings with him. Best wishes Ron. Brady
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 10:41 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 11:03 PM
Great Guy Met Ron back in 1987-88 in Hershey. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Frank
Posted By: hancock-oil Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 15 2016 11:53 PM
Ron
Get Well Soon! Jim
Posted By: eshaver Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 01:07 AM
Mike , Thank you for bringing this to my attention ! Ron has reached out to me before . I'm honored to have him in my prayers
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 02:29 AM
Thinking of you Ron!!
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 02:42 AM
Prayers are with you Ron, get well soon!
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 03:36 AM
Ronald, you better get well soon. We will send the big guns out for this. As you can see together with all the well wishers, its no wonder you might just be picked up right out of bed.
Posted By: Dawron Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 08:07 AM
Get well soon Ron, my prayers are with you. Ron
Posted By: Bill jr Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 10:45 AM
Prayers to Ron and family he has always treated me like we were friends even though I have never met him only talked to him Hoping he has a speedy recovery
Bill
Posted By: TJammer Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 02:03 PM
A valuable asset to this hobby. Get well soon Ron!
Posted By: garagejunkie Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 02:10 PM
Prayers sent from South Dakota...
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 02:40 PM
Get well soon buddy.
Posted By: wolf1980 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 02:40 PM
Always get great service from Ron. A class act for sure. Hope you feel better soon Ron.
Mike
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 16 2016 03:52 PM
Originally Posted By wolf1980
Always get great service from Ron. A class act for sure. Hope you feel better soon Ron.

Same here praying for speedy and full recovery for Ron.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Thu Mar 17 2016 12:02 AM
I often think of other members and the contributions they have made that have gotten me to where I am in this hobby. I also often think about the value of certain individuals to the gas & oil collectibles community as a whole, and Rons name often pops into my mind.
Ron is a passionate collector that has involved himself in the hobby to the point that he has become the "go to" person for that certain piece of unobtainium that we often find ourselves in need of. Ron seems to have that knack to be able to find the craftsman that can duplicate it for us at a reasonable price, and often without much compensation for Ron!
He is a good friend and one of the most knowledgable people in this hobby. We can all take a moment and say a small prayer for a speedy and full recovery! Rest easy and get well Ron! We're praying for ya!
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Thu Mar 17 2016 01:53 AM
Prayers sent Ron, always enjoy talking to you, you strike me as a pretty tough guy, I have faith you'll make a full recovery!
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Thu Mar 17 2016 02:13 AM
prayers sent Ron. Hope you get better soon.
Posted By: JimT Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Thu Mar 17 2016 02:37 AM
Think of you often Ron. Hoping you get and stay well for a long time.
Posted By: fast66 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Fri Mar 18 2016 02:36 PM
Bought som stuff for my A38 a few years back - Ron sent them to my hotel in Orlando without me having pre-paid, we had a chat on the phone and I sent a Money order - super service and great parts!

Get well soon Ron!

Claes, Sweden
Posted By: BlkAngus Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Fri Mar 18 2016 03:08 PM
Ron is a he!! of a guy, get well soon

Grant James
Posted By: Wayne Wood Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Fri Mar 18 2016 03:11 PM
Prayers are with you Ron get well soon, speedy recovery.
You are a GREAT GUY RON!
Wayne
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Fri Mar 18 2016 05:14 PM
Does anyone live close that can give us an update ?
Posted By: gaspumpgary Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sat Mar 19 2016 06:19 AM
Ron is a "top bloke" as we say in England, He has always gone out of his way to help, especially as i'm in the UK and none of the parts I ask for are straight forward. an absolute asset to our hobby.
Get well soon Ron and our thoughts are with you from England,
Gary, Vicki & James
Posted By: prowl1 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sat Mar 19 2016 04:21 PM
I just spoke to Ron last month about having some Rapidayton parts casted for me. He seemed to be doing ok. Crazy how things can change in the matter of a short time.
Hope Ron is hanging in there and doing better. Fingers are crossed that he'll be back on his feet in no time!!
Get Well Ron!
Ryan
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sat Mar 19 2016 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By Craig Osbeck

I work pretty close so I'll have some news on Monday when I talk to Cathy.
Posted By: eshaver Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sat Mar 19 2016 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By Mike M.
Originally Posted By Craig Osbeck

I work pretty close so I'll have some news on Monday when I talk to Cathy.

Bless you Mike !
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sun Mar 20 2016 12:24 AM
Sounds great, Let's hope for the best.
Posted By: azjockey Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sun Mar 20 2016 01:25 AM
Get well soon Ron . You are one top notch guy .
I make one email, later I receive all parts ordered, and I pay the invoice. I would really like to meet you in person one day.
Prayers from our household for a speedy recovery.

Gene & Kelly
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Mon Mar 21 2016 05:57 PM
Just got off the phone with Cathy and Ron is back home and getting better (I'm sure like the rest of us...Not fast enough)day by day. Complications are under control so lets keep up the strong prayers so he's back Kicking the tires and lighting the fires as fast as possible!!

My thanks to all who have sent prayers his way!!
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Mon Mar 21 2016 06:07 PM
That's great news to hear. Richard
Posted By: dundign Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Mon Mar 21 2016 08:13 PM
Thxs Mike glad to hear the news ! Tom
Posted By: Catauladave Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Mon Mar 21 2016 08:19 PM
Great news ! Get well soon.
Dave
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Mon Mar 21 2016 09:02 PM
Sounds encouraging.
Posted By: hemistudegasser Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 22 2016 12:13 AM
good to hear, thanks for the update mike.
Posted By: DuceCpe Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 22 2016 06:07 PM
Glad to hear it! Get well soon..
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Tue Mar 22 2016 07:55 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted Mike! Its great to hear good news!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 23 2016 02:19 AM
Wow I just found out about this. Ron you are a great man and feel like you are a true friend whenever we talk. I am so sorry to hear of this. I hope you recover soon. I will be praying for you as well.

Rob
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 23 2016 03:25 PM
Ron,is a great guy, good to hear he's on the road to recovery.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Fri Mar 25 2016 07:17 PM
I just talked with Ron, and while he is still recovering from surgery and will be laid up for a while yet, he has been up and about on a very limited basis! Just the fact that he felt good enough to get on the phone and call me, is very encouraging!
He sounded upbeat about the surgery and while it takes a while to recover from something like that, he said he was able to remove himself from the pain medication and concentrate on the healing process!
He has been up and reading the Old Gas posts, and I imagine we will hear from him when he is feeling up to it.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Fri Mar 25 2016 07:44 PM
Like Kevin, I just heard from Ron, so lets keep up the prayers to keep his spirits up and know that our thoughts and prayers are with Him!

Thanks everyone
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Fri Mar 25 2016 08:43 PM
Great news, used to see him and talk with him at the shows.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Fri Mar 25 2016 10:57 PM
Prayers sent to Ron and his family. A great guy!
Posted By: pickurt Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sat Mar 26 2016 12:12 PM
Glad to here he is home a getting Better.
Posted By: indymike500 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sat Mar 26 2016 06:05 PM
ron hope you get well soon ill say a prayer for you happy easter
Posted By: Novaman Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sun Mar 27 2016 08:05 PM
Ron, Our prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: 1Roman Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sun Mar 27 2016 09:45 PM
Ron, prayers go out to you and the family. Get well soon
Posted By: Ron Scobie Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 30 2016 02:09 PM
Thanks to all of you who responded here and sent cards by snail mail. Getting a little stronger each day.
Ron
Posted By: dundign Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 30 2016 02:28 PM
That a boy Ron that is great news !!! Tom
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 30 2016 02:40 PM
Glad to see you are getting back to normal again! It was really good talking to you last week. Talk to you again soon!
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 30 2016 04:18 PM
Good man Ron !!
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Wed Mar 30 2016 07:30 PM
Seeing your post brought a smile to my face, Ron! I'm very happy for you and to see your doing better!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to making my next order someday hopefully soon and catching up with ya!
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Thu Mar 31 2016 12:37 AM
Well, whether you think you are appreciated or not you are. Get well Mitch
Posted By: 1 BAD ZR1 Re: Prayers needed for Ron Scobie - Sat Apr 02 2016 01:03 AM
Good news Ron on getting better. We use to see each other all the time at shows. Maybe we can meet at Iowa Gas after a 15 yr absence by me. Get well, Rob
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk