Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: hotcidr Another Red Indian sign question - Fri Sep 25 2015 11:14 PM
Gentlemen, and ladies, I know this has been talked about a lot of times. I have had this sign for the past 5 years and recently sold it to a friend who has been told it's a repop. It is 36" and as far as I know India was not making these signs 5 years ago. You have always been a big help for all of us so please jump in and thanks so much for advice
Have a great weekend everyone
Ray

Attached picture DSCN1832 (Custom).JPG
Attached picture DSCN1833 (Custom).JPG
Attached picture DSCN1834 (Custom).JPG
Posted By: advertologist Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Fri Sep 25 2015 11:54 PM
here you go Ray.. ... cool

http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/DBL_NK...iginal.jpg.html
Posted By: advertologist Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sat Sep 26 2015 12:03 AM
... cool
picture of:

Attached picture therealmccoy (1).jpg
Attached picture IMG_1775[1].JPG
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sat Sep 26 2015 01:30 AM
Randy would be correct . I am really surprised cause that sign only showed up in the last 6 months give or take .Be interesting to know who you bought it from . These re pop guys are like flies we have to keep swatting them .
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sat Sep 26 2015 12:05 PM
WOW!!! WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sat Sep 26 2015 05:13 PM
Without something in front of you to compare too this will happen way too often. You do not go to a swap meet or other venue with your books in hand for repros, be great if it would just come up on the phone but does not.
This is why we have all become very suspicious now of all signs, just read some of the post.
Feel badly for the ones whom have got these signs under the pretense of an original. Hopefully people stand behind their sales.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sat Sep 26 2015 05:45 PM
sign on ebay.. ... cool

Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sun Sep 27 2015 02:11 PM
Hats off to Ray for listing it with the wording reproduction. Many would have just tried to pass it off again.
Posted By: huskybob Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sun Sep 27 2015 06:12 PM
Unless Ray has a way to permanently mark it as a REPRODUCITON then I'm guessing the new owner could very easily sell it as an original sign to some unsuspecting buyer.
If it was good enough to fool a "real collector" as Ray considers himself then it could fool most of the buyers.
I'm betting that someone not too far down the line is going to get screwed by this particular sign.
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sun Sep 27 2015 10:00 PM
Huskybob is correct . Hopefully in this day and age people are not to proud to ask questions of others .
Posted By: advertologist Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sun Oct 04 2015 03:06 PM
another one.. ... cool

Posted By: hri_2008 Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Sun Oct 04 2015 03:38 PM
The ebay one above (291580942389): Seller said it was made by the Porcelain & Metal company in the 70's. 100 made.
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Fri Oct 09 2015 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By hri_2008
The ebay one above (291580942389): Seller said it was made by the Porcelain & Metal company in the 70's. 100 made.

This guy has no problem telling lies . PM or Villas never made garbage like this .
Posted By: cman Re: Another Red Indian sign question - Wed Oct 14 2015 01:00 AM
Once you know what to look for its easy to spot the fakes even from pictures. Dave Ebay should have be named Lieyoura$$offbay
Randy that is one fine "Real McCoy" you got there! would be willing to bet a finer example is non existant!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk