Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Bob Richards Great articles on Ethyl Gasoline - Wed Jul 08 2015 06:34 PM
In the July issue of PCM, are a series of well written articles on "Ethyl Gasoline"... (For those who don't get PCM Magazine)

Two of the articles are written by Jason Henderson; and sandwiched in the middle of Jason's articles... Is a re-print of an article originally published in 1959's "Ethyl News"; the article is written by Mr. Harry Mack. One of the Management Team of what was then; "The Ethyl Corporation"...

Like many in our Hobby, I have always held a "special fondness" for the name "Ethyl"...

And these three articles, have filled in some of the "holes" in my knowledge and discounted a few "facts" that I had acquired...

And for those wanting to know when an Oil Company/Brand added the Ethyl additive to their Gasoline, there is a photo chart that just might answer your questions... (along with an image of different Brands Ethyl Gasoline Signage)

I have saved years of PCM magazine and use them on a regular basis for research in my quest to learn more about the different Oil Companies... This is an issue that I'm sure will get a lot of views....
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Great articles on Ethyl Gasoline - Wed Jul 08 2015 06:57 PM
It's a great article.... Adding to Bobs thread, I have learned so much since I started my subscription to PCM that I now purchase older issues to fill me in on what I might of missed before I subscribed!
Posted By: moore798 Re: Great articles on Ethyl Gasoline - Wed Jul 08 2015 08:33 PM
Yes,excellent article,and a vast amount of knowledge and history!
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Great articles on Ethyl Gasoline - Thu Jul 09 2015 12:43 AM
I have been getting PCM since day one. Love it.
Posted By: nochevys Re: Great articles on Ethyl Gasoline - Sat Jul 11 2015 04:36 PM
Just read the article was a great read.
The logos pictured with the article were fantastic...
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk