Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: oldnfuelish button or decal?? - Sat Mar 31 2007 07:36 PM
for the longest time,i wasnt sure what this was on my wayne 70 when i got my wayne 100 i figured it out question is was this a decal or button?i've seen the reros but not one like this. just somethin i'd like to know.thanks mick
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: button or decal?? - Sat Mar 31 2007 09:02 PM
Mick,
Have only seen "HONEST MEASURE" button on 70's that had porcelain faces.
Have only seen the decaled button H.M. W/ GERMAN SHEPARD on 100's & printed on the faces for same.
db
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: button or decal?? - Sat Mar 31 2007 10:05 PM
I've had some honest measure decals on a few Wayne 70's. Richard
Posted By: Vman Re: button or decal?? - Sat Mar 31 2007 11:22 PM
I have an unrestored 70 that has the same faded decal on the hose side.Does anyone make a decal of the honest measure shepard?
Posted By: dodogas Re: button or decal?? - Sun Apr 01 2007 04:15 AM
A proper introduction is in order. In a 1937 ad they called it,

"The WATCHDOG of HONEST MEASURE"

One of the coolest features of a Wayne 100 I think.. also that it has left and right faces..
Posted By: jkyocom Re: button or decal?? - Sun Apr 01 2007 01:39 PM
I picked up a 70 the other day that had a dog decal on both the sides.
What I want to know is ....did the dog have a proper name???
Any affiliation with Renny?????
Would 1937 be about the correct time period?????
Joe
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: button or decal?? - Sun Apr 01 2007 02:20 PM
Vman,
Does your 70 have Painted or Porcelain faces ?
Posted By: tx_oil Re: button or decal?? - Sun Apr 01 2007 02:59 PM
The first pump I ever restored was a Wayne 70, with painted faces..it had the dog decal on the faces, but the paint was so flaked off that it was difficult to make out. Does anyone reproduce that decal? I thought it was pretty cool...I called Wayne Dresser and they sent me a huge amount of literature about pumps, on the cover of one of the brochures was a great full color graphic of that watchdog..

------------------
Robert Usrey
Posted By: Vman Re: button or decal?? - Sun Apr 01 2007 05:33 PM
Painted faces DB.The faces are thin and dirty.I noticed a faded outline of the decal on the other side also.
Posted By: danceswithpumps Re: button or decal?? - Tue Apr 03 2007 01:54 AM
When I found one of my Wayne 60s it had "Honest Measure" badges on each side that are held on with a bolt, and also had one ad glass with the dog and " The watch dog of your gasoline dollar" printed on it. I was told some came from the factory with a sunburst and some with the dog glasses, which were then replaced by the dealer with a brand name ad glass.
Rod van Pelt

------------------
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk