Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Dick Bennett P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 12:15 PM
What do you think the P.C.A. can do DIFFERANT or BETTER than Jim has done with "oldgas.com" [that has OVER 2,000 members] ?
Jim is doing it for FREE, and the PCA is charging $20 !!
Jim even alows you to have a web link in your signature FOR FREE !!
AND now you are useing a Matchbook cover for your LOGO !!
Sounds like another I.P.C.A.
Dick
OLDGAS.COM MEMBER
Posted By: roger cherry Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 12:26 PM
Hey Dick, I heard there will be an open forum without much censorship. I think that part will be cool. I know a couple things I wanted to vent on recently have been censored here so maybe I will have a place to "let it all hang out" when my wife makes me mad. Anyway, just my 2 cents worth. I think Jim Potts and old gas do a great job and I also think Cheeseman has nobel intentions. Lets role with it!!!!!!
Posted By: T-way Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 01:23 PM
I think Jim is doing a phenomenal job with Oldgas.

But - if you're a member of the P.C.A., and you buy only one set of globe lenses and a pair of decals from us at Vintage Logos, you've saved enough to cover your 'membership' fee. That doesn't even address the other discounts the Cheeseman has procured for the membership (so far).

As I understand it, Terry is not trying to compete with Oldgas - just to get the collectors of petrolania organized so we can enjoy some discounts, newsletters, etc. A noble cause that has indeed been tried before. Hopefully this time, with the Cheeseman's drive, it can become something more than a (the I.P.C.A's) bi-monthly newsletter.

Just my nickles worth.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
http://www.vintage-logos.com
Posted By: scootdog Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 01:53 PM
I agree, oldgas cannot be replaced but the discounts and newsletter will be great from cheese.

As soon as I done with the gas bash I will be sending my $$ to cheese for a memebership. I am just swapmed right now :0

------------------
Scott
www.frontrangegas.com
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 02:14 PM
Havn't you been paying into Oldgas Dick? I pay $25.00 every year, I also promote a donation drive to help Oldgas. No ones going anywhere Dick, some are just becoming members of an Association in order to unite. Oldgas was asked to over a year ago to unite the collectors into a real membership and it was turned down, now the cheeseman has picked up the ball and my hats off to him, I and others will support him for his efforts. GO CHEESEMAN. as far as the little cartoon guy . He's wanting to service you. i think thats great. cause were all a funny bunch. Help the Hobby not just your self. my 2 cents. love , pease and unity. and if you don't want to , don't join it.

------------------
Dwaine. PCA member.

www.vintage-logos.com
Posted By: big cheese Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 02:41 PM
wow i am so glad you posted that dick - first thing I want to address on behalf of the PCA- in know way or means are we in competition with old gas.com but want to compliment the site and the people who indorse it. I want to say personally hats off to Jim Potts for the best petroleum website out there and I'm proud to be a member of oldgas.com - For your #2 question Dick, at www.bcheese.com we offer FREE appraisels, FREE forum, Free e-news letter,and more as far as the PCA membership fee of $20.00 let me tell you a little bit that you don't know... You receive your official laminated membership card cost $2.25 , a pCA t-shirt cost $9.50, PCA mug cost $5.20, priorty shipped $4.85 and other free beez thoughout the year not to mention discounts on over a dozen vendors and a newsletter - you can also add web links to the site for FREE. and for #3 question - a match box cover logo, we like simple things , the logo represents the PCA. sometimes the simple things in life are most valuable and enjoyable. Also I'd like to state that oldgas has been on the web for years- the PCA for one month, and the PCA wants to thank all the support the fellow collectors showed it in such a little time. all we are trying to do hear is bring collectors and vendors together and for me it feels great to be a part of that This is a non profit organization so there is no money being made hear. We are working on a lot of different things at the web site that has not been offered anywhere else. The PCA is a collectors organization with know presidents or vice presidents ect. its the members that run this organization. Also this is not a click. so needless to say if there is a member that you don't care for in the pCA does not mean you can not be a member- I say put those feelings aside and lets unite to forgive is devine. Well I could go on with this for hours but I got to go to work. God Bless and have a great day! Your friend Big Cheese PCA member www.bcheese.com
Posted By: Oldgas Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 03:02 PM
Just to clear the air, I didn't want to charge an annual fee for an Oldgas organization because I thought the way it was working out was OK for free. If Dwaine and others want to organize a group to get certain benefits, they have my blessing.

The thing that I and other moderators are hearing many complaints about is the steady flow of promotional messages on forums other than For Sale or Online Auctions.

It has always been Shop Talk policy that solicitations to sell should be on the For Sale forums except when there is a legitimate request for an item and the reply is to provide that item. In the future, messages that contain promotional content about selling items, services or memberships will be monitored more closely. Exceptions to the rule may be edited, deleted or moved to the For Sale forum.

I'm not against anybody selling anything, as long as it's theirs to sell, but the moderators are tired of steadily getting more complaints. I'm not at all upset or concerned that The Big Cheese has a Web site. I think everyone should have one and all should work together.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 05:11 PM
Jim, I want to thank you for your Blessings, I will pass them on to Terry who is the man behind the PCA, He asked me to help him and I have and will continue too. As far as a GROUP 125 members so far is a little more then a group, as far as anyone getting benifits. everyone does. not just a group. I see you moved my post of the PCA logo to for sale. I wasn't trying to sale the little guy, I wanted to show him off. I'm proud to be a member of the PCA and hope it Helps the Hobby and everyone in it. not just a group. and I will continue to pay a membership fee to oldgas every year. thanks agin DB HTH.

------------------
Dwaine. PCA member.

www.vintage-logos.com
Posted By: Kysoilman Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 05:22 PM
Jim is absolutely right. My opinion is that it is disrespectful for members of Oldgas.com to promote joining another site on the Primarily Petroliana web page.
I have no problem with someone trying to start up their own club or whatever, I might join. But to promote it on this site is an insult to Jim Potts and all of the work that he has done. Hey, run your ads in PCM or Check the Oil but don't offer PCA membership kits on this site.
How many members post on Cheeses site and sign out as Oldgas.com members? Come on guys, it's time to to what is right, not what is best for you.
KYSOILMAN
Oldgas.com member
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 05:54 PM
I think you have it all wrong, no ones promoting Cheeses site just the PCA. the only thing Cheese is doing is organizing the PCA. He's doing all the work no one else wants to do. News letter, vender/dealer giving discounts to you the member, he's using a forum of his site to list the venders, sign up. he just made it a part of his site. no ones leaving oldgas or trying to get anyone else too. and Cheese found a little logo for the PCA, and everyones picking on the little guy. man , some of you guy can not except change. Love ya Rex, I no your out there watching.Morgan,Larry, Bobby L. see you all in the funny papers. HTH.

------------------
Dwaine. PCA member.

www.vintage-logos.com
Posted By: Sinclair Joe Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 06:53 PM
Sad to say, but it seems from the tone of many posts that the next new site could be
called "gas bashers" or "it's not my idea so let's not get along". Although some valid concerns are being raised, let's return to
common sense and respect. Oldgas is a great site. What Cheese is trying to do is for the good of the hobby. I think both are needed and can co-exsist.
Joe "Human Race Member"
Posted By: big cheese Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 07:03 PM
thank you joe,i never thought i would see some of the comments made here on the p.c.a. [well i don't no what to say.] love all you guys cheese p.c.a member oldgas member www.bcheese.com w.w.j.d

[This message has been edited by big cheese (edited 08-25-2004).]
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 09:34 PM
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

HE'D MAKE US ALL PLAY NICELY TOGETHER!

DOC
Posted By: Sinclair Joe Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 09:59 PM
Well Said Doc...Well Said!

[This message has been edited by Sinclair Joe (edited 08-25-2004).]
Posted By: big cheese Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 09:59 PM
right on doc, cheese
Posted By: Kysoilman Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 11:23 PM
I am in 100% agreement lets play nicely together.
KYSOILMAN
OLDGAS.COM MEMBER
Posted By: big cheese Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Wed Aug 25 2004 11:24 PM
have to say it again love you guys. cheese
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Thu Aug 26 2004 12:29 AM
WHERE'S THE LOVE, BABY?

CHEESEVILLE, MICHIGAN XXX00-00XX!

(PSSSST....IT'S A GAS!)

~DOC~
Posted By: big cheese Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Thu Aug 26 2004 12:36 AM
right on doc. iam stuck in the 60s haha cheese www.bcheese.com
Posted By: ACEman Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Fri Aug 27 2004 10:27 PM
I gotta say, I've learned a great deal from oldgas.com, as well as help out wherever I can, giving my ideas, as well as use the ebay link for bids, ect. I have also learned quite a bit from Cheese's efforts. Jim and Cheese both have awesome sites and I can't leave one for the other, can't see how anyone else could either. There is just to much to get out of the two.
just my 2 cents
Jimmy Newlon

BTW Cheese...love you to!! keep on truckin and stuff!
Proud Oldgas member
soon-to-be proud P.C.A member
H.T.H

[This message has been edited by ACEman (edited 08-27-2004).]
Posted By: Sinclair Joe Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Sat Aug 28 2004 12:17 AM
Think of it this way....
Having another choice is sort of like cruisin' town and having a couple of cool burger joints to hang out. What's the harm in that? No reason to get upset if a few oldgassers prefer to add "Cheese" with their orders. As Jim said in a earlier post, "I think everyone should have one and all should work together.". Let's move on....
Posted By: pumpman2 Re: P.C..A. ?????? - Sun Aug 29 2004 02:10 AM
I couldn't say it any better ACEman.My
thoughts exatley.

------------------
JERRY
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk