Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: okoil1 Mike Trotnic - Sat Jun 20 2015 01:42 PM
With great sympathy I pass along the information that long time hobbyist and friend Mike Trotnic of Parsons KS died in a car accident yesterday.

Mike was a true pioneer in our hobby and a mainstay at several show along with being a wealth of information. He will be missed.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Mike Trotnic - Sat Jun 20 2015 02:14 PM
Sad story.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/tul...a6b9cedc95.html

Our thought's and prayers are with his family.
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Mike Trotnic - Sat Jun 20 2015 02:27 PM
Very sorry to hear...I stopped and visited with him on several trips on my way back to Hershey. He was an Iowa Gas regular for many years also. RIP
Posted By: derailer Re: Mike Trotnic - Sat Jun 20 2015 03:47 PM
tragic, mike sold me my wayne 60 back in 85 or 86... he was coming to california so he delivered it to my driveway and unloaded it for no extra cost... he was a good guy. so sad...
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Mike Trotnic - Sat Jun 20 2015 04:03 PM
Oh my God that is so sad..I HAVE DEALT WITH HIM A LOT and have had him share a spot at our engine show`s in Ottawa Ks. very sad news..
Alan
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Mike Trotnic - Sun Jun 21 2015 11:10 AM
This is a terrible loss. He was a mainstay at the Portland Ind. engine show. I'll miss him. Ron Lease-Collector ;;;;;;;;;
Posted By: Coops 427 Re: Mike Trotnic - Sun Jun 21 2015 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear about Mike. He was a very nice guy. I bought a 36B from him, that I still have, several years ago. He also did an Episode of American Pickers. I will miss seeing him and his red Dodge with the crane at Iowa Gas. R.I.P.
Posted By: Boxcar Re: Mike Trotnic - Sun Jun 21 2015 11:35 PM
Here's a link to the American Pickers episode with Mike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihACmL2_fVY

You never know...R.I.P.
Posted By: coltex Re: Mike Trotnic - Mon Jun 22 2015 02:39 AM
Mike was a really nice guy. I am very sorry to hear the bad news.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Mike Trotnic - Mon Jun 22 2015 03:03 AM
Oh my..... So sad. I never met Mike, but I have heard of him from just being in Kansas. RIP Mike.
Posted By: souperhigh Re: Mike Trotnic - Mon Jun 22 2015 03:26 AM
A man with a terrific collection along with tremendous knowledge on pumps.
He has the only two coin operated visable pumps I have ever seen. They are amazing taking all silver coins dimes,quarters ,Half dollars and silver dollars.
He will be missed
Posted By: minuteman Re: Mike Trotnic - Mon Jun 22 2015 04:29 AM
Will miss you Mike...

Attached picture IMG_0021.JPG
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Mike Trotnic - Mon Jun 22 2015 11:49 AM
I did not know Mike, but have seen him at Iowa many times. My sympathy goes out to you guys that knew him or were friends with him.
Posted By: garagejunkie Re: Mike Trotnic - Mon Jun 22 2015 01:04 PM
So very sad...will miss seeing him at Iowa Gas...My sympathy to the family.
Posted By: grabber Re: Mike Trotnic - Mon Jun 22 2015 02:39 PM
Prayers for Mikes family. He has been my neighbor at Iowa since I have been setting up there...great guy...he will be missed...
Posted By: Randy's Re: Mike Trotnic - Wed Jun 24 2015 02:07 PM
Sorry to hear the news. RIP
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: Mike Trotnic - Wed Jun 24 2015 02:15 PM
Mike will be missed greatly. He would always take time to visit and was a kind man.Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and many friends. Mark
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk