Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wes Hague Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 02:06 PM
Just a thought, anybody think all the Posts/Threads etc. on Facebook are taking over a lot of the conversations ., buying, selling, discussion of gas and oil stuff ? Just a thought ? There seems to be a lot going on with FB to me.
Posted By: nam5072 Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 03:09 PM
I agree..it is easier just throwing pics on FB as well and you get quicker replies. I used to be in here hours a day, now I hardly ever do. Although the knowledge here is worlds better.
Posted By: Dave Richey Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 07:32 PM
Yes, several of the Facebook sites I originally "liked" have turned out to be basically useless, although some of our members are now beginning to post. However, a site of this caliber takes a whole lot more dedication than a facepage.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 07:47 PM
I've never looked on Facebook for petro pages. My wife is on there constantly but I hardly ever look. Are they just personal likes to make up a community type page or what?.....GB
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 08:12 PM
I don't have a FB account and don't plan on it....I'll stay here as long as it's available!
Posted By: 2 Gallon Luke Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 08:29 PM
I will say this, I avoided Facebook for a very long time. In the few months I have been a member, I have bought several dozen very rare and unusual 2 gallons I would not have seen otherwise. Whatever you collect, there is a good chance, that, once in a blue moon, something interesting does turn up there.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 08:33 PM
Seems to me FB is more for the pickers, sales oriented. This is more collectors, history oriented.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 08:54 PM
Check it out Dave, I would say most ( 85% ) is NFS , I look at about 10 different FB pages on there everyday mostly 5 times day as it changes that often.. The thing about Oldgas is the vast knowledge on here and that's what's missing on FB.
Both different venues, both knowledgeable and we all know we can't learn enough about this stuff. There is a lot of OLDGAS guys on FB...maybe not the "old" diehards, smile
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 09:46 PM
I logged into Facebook recently for the express purpose of investigating the items for sale on the different sites. You can tell from some of the responses on there, that a lot of the users are uneducated as far as gas & oil collectibles go. I use it to search for sale items but save my conversations for Old Gas. Both places have their use but Facebook will never take over for Old Gas!
Posted By: Goober's Station Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 09:48 PM
Some of these people who post questions on the FB pages have no clue about the hobby. Someone the other day wanted a pump identified and it was something super common like a M&S 80, lol Just go back to collecting Beanie babies. Too funny.

Goober
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 10:25 PM
facebook has become an OUTSTANDING venue for selling, buying and discussing topics related to the hobby! Picks of the week is 3477 members strong and is highly recommended by me and alot of the veteran members here are already members there!
Feel free to limit yourself to oldgas if you like, BUT there is a couple outstanding facebook pages offering some of the rarest signs money can buy and alot of knowledgable veterans give their opinions freely...
Lastly, ALL PICKERS are welcome with open arms and NOT shunned and disrespected because they are pickers or making a living selling signs!!! The rules are actually followed and STRICTLY enforced smile
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 10:38 PM
Hey goober, some of the people that post here on oldgas dont have a clue either??? New beginners are NOT ignorant, they are NEW to the hobby! We were all beginners at one time...
Just go back to beanie babies Huh??
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 10:47 PM
Here is a link to Picks of the Week :)Feel free to come join us as its totally FREE!!!
Picks of the Week
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 10:52 PM
What's Facebook?
Posted By: TC Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 10:56 PM
Facebook isn't that a gossip site for kids?
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 11:02 PM
LOL
Posted By: keithia Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 11:07 PM
Never been on facebook and I don't plan on starting now.
Posted By: 72Scamp Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Wed Apr 15 2015 11:33 PM
If I have to join Facebook to buy a petroliana item, then I will never buy another petroliana item again. Maybe I am old school, but I don't need anyone who knows how to google knowing my business. I don't want to be looked up by old friends, ex-girlfriends, old acquaintances, long lost relatives, or big brother. No FB, Twitter, Snapchat, or Instagram here.
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 12:07 AM
Could anyone list the groups that you have found on there? Thanx in advance!
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By: 72Scamp
If I have to join Facebook to buy a petroliana item, then I will never buy another petroliana item again. Maybe I am old school, but I don't need anyone who knows how to google knowing my business. I don't want to be looked up by old friends, ex-girlfriends, old acquaintances, long lost relatives, or big brother. No FB, Twitter, Snapchat, or Instagram here.

You had to join this site didnt you??? LOL
You can pick who your friends are on facebook and stay hidden by removing yourself from google searches if you want, UNLIKE oldgas...oldgas discussions and pictures can be easily accessed by anyone searching google!!!
Go google porcelain sign OR 72Scamp and you will see YEARS of posts from oldgas members and your OWN stuff smile LOL
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 12:56 AM
Facebook is another option to buy, sell or trade stuff. I have bought and sold a couple items off of it. It is easier to upload pictures and it looks like there is a lot of new young blood getting into petro items. Some are actually collectors, some are pickers/ flippers/ wanabees or a combination of all the groups, just like most web sites. One thing on Old Gas you can count on is not looking at a thread and see F this or F that. In my opinion, an older and possibly more mature group on OG but at times I wonder. Both sites are what you make of them. OG could be improves by a FB style of pictures uploading. FB could be better by policing the language of some better. It is what it is, or what you make of it.
Posted By: s932 Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 01:05 AM
Both have there place in this hobby. I have seen where Facebook has brought out some rare globes in the last few months for example a guy found two life gasoline globes. The guy didn't know what he had but was educated very quickly. I was able to add to my Mfa collection several times in the last couple of months because of fb. So I would say to those who do not wish to be on fb you don't no what your missing. Good stuff is showing up and priced fair. And yes there are people on there that are way out in left field on there pricing but many of them get educated.
Posted By: 72Scamp Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 01:10 AM
Go google porcelain sign OR 72Scamp and you will see YEARS of posts from oldgas members and your OWN stuff

Knew that was coming....thanks for your input, Tom....just googled 72Scamp and and went thru 3 pages, could not find anything about me.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 01:33 AM
I think we need to keep the convo's here. Buying and selling there is alright I guess, but I would rather see it here on OldGas instead.
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 10:40 AM
hey 72Scamp, I just looked at your profile on mopar, seen your 72 scamp, and seen your sign listed on oldgas ALL THRU GOOGLE! smile
Its all about HOW you search also...
Im NOT gonna teach you how to search google so go back to beanie babies!!!
LOL
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 11:19 AM
Well said here Tom,,, if some of you guys on OLDGAS don't know what Facebook is or haven't even tried using it, must still be living under a rock someplace.. Learning and getting educated is what it's all about whether your a picker, buyer, collector or seller. I know some of the guys on OLDGAS seem to think pickers are beneath you, but if it weren't for pickers a lot of what has been found would still be hidden, same goes for sellers,, it takes sellers in order to have collectors.. So if you think your just a collector and not a seller, just give it enough time,,, LOL, LOL,,,
IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT DON'T KNOCK IT
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 12:29 PM
I lucked into buying a very nice Sunoco gas pump,oil cans & light on facebook as someone who knew somebody I knew,posted a photo of something entirely different,and these were in the background.

I recommend getting on as much as you can on the web,and listening..
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 03:23 PM
Anytime you have a chance to first increase your knowledge of the hobby and second have a chance to buy or sell an item to increase yours or someone else's collection then I say go for it it's about the hobby and keeping the history alive, not who or where it comes from as long as it benefit's all involved then I say got for it.

Now that being said Jim's site here is invaluable to all of us and has a right to be protected by it's members it's a great tool but it's not the only tool in the toolbox.

Just my open minded opinion....
Bob
Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 05:54 PM
When I read the title, Facebook vs Oldgas, all I could think was Facebook by a nose with Oldgas bringing up the rear. It's some of that intellectual humor.
I like FB too, connected with my best friend from second to eighth grade, now we talk a lot, joined lots of groups, some way better than others but it's been a good overall experience.
Posted By: katfsh Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 07:03 PM
Facebook is facebook and Oldgas is Oldgas! I like sitting with my grandson and going thru oldgas looking and telling him who is who and who collects what. Like Wes said about all the F bombs on facebook, there is no way I can sit with a 7 year old and go through the facebook sites. I like the oil can and globe sites on facebook but then again those are exceptions to the rules because those sites were started by stand up guys.I am not trying to step on any toes, but like stated before the facebook sites are more just buying and selling and Oldgas is better suited for collectors.
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Thu Apr 16 2015 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: keithia
Never been on facebook and I don't plan on starting now.
Keithia , me as well.
Posted By: katfsh Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 12:02 AM
Well thanks DAD! You express your opinion and I get attacked with private messages on Facebook. One of them stating that I had a "Vendetta" against Joe Koban. I didn't even know this thread was on here! Joe Koban if you have a problem with me why don't you try talking to me, instead of having another moderator message me? My dads comments never mentioned your site or you! Out of the dozen or so Facebook pages what makes you think that he was referring to "Picks of the Week"?

This adds to the reasons why we prefer Oldgas over Facebook pages. Man I wish Dick Bennett was still around.

Bobby, not Shorty!
Posted By: 63shelby Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 12:49 AM
It was asked by someone else and not answered now I'm asking....could someone please list a few Facebook pages to check out for those of us who do wish to expand our learning sources. Especially ones having to do with globes and cans as mentioned above. Thanks !!
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 12:57 AM
Originally Posted By: 63shelby
....could someone please list a few Facebook pages to check out for those of us who do wish to expand our learning sources. Especially ones having to do with globes and cans as mentioned above. Thanks !!

Gas Pump Globes
Petroliana
Oil Can Collectors Group
Vintage Oil Can Collectors of America
Posted By: Maxgas Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 01:39 AM
Lets ask Jim....Hey Jim, what are your traffic numbers looking like in the past 6 months here on OG??? I like both sites but let's face it, educated or not put your time in on both and you will benefit your collection or inventory. Both pages have there far share of asses. Just wondering what the true effect is here?
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Maxgas
Lets ask Jim....Hey Jim, what are your traffic numbers looking like in the past 6 months here on OG???

The number of pageviews and visits for March 2015 were slightly higher than March 2014. March 2014 was significantly higher than March 2013. So growth has lessened.
Posted By: Tom Stover Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 03:06 AM
Find both sites very useful.
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 09:14 AM
Petroliana related Sites on facebook:
Picks of the Week (largest)
Old porcelain and tin sign, gas oil mobilia
Oil can collector group
porcelain sign trader
gas pump globes
porcelain sign trader
ETC several others...
RULES on Picks of the Week!!!!
This group is for pickers and collectors of ORIGINAL ADVERTISING ITEMS (Petroliana, Automobillia, General Store, Soda) to show off their items that they have picked and bought and intend to resell to others. Feel free to post your items for sale here.

1. ALL ITEMS MUST HAVE A SET PRICE ON THEM. THERE ARE NO MORE "TAKING OFFERS OR BEST OFFERS".
2. SET PRICES ONLY IF FOR SALE. (YOU CAN GIVE A PRICE AND SAY OBO). EXAMPLE $400 OBO
3.YOU MAY SHOW OFF YOUR PICKS AND ITEMS BUT YOU MUST SAY NFS OR "NOT FOR SALE" IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON SELLING IT.
4. YOU MAY NOT ASK VALUE QUESTIONS ANY MORE. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH ON GOOGLE! OR ASK A FRIEND.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 10:16 AM
Quote from Katfsh... This adds to the reasons why we prefer Oldgas over Facebook pages.

Don't get me wrong here guys that love OLDGAS,, but there isn't this kinda bickering on FB that I know of.. there seems to be more of a P-----G contest on OLDGAS.. I still enjoy OLDGAS everyday but I do find both sites for learning and buying and selling.. very beneficial..

I didn't mean for this topic to be turned into a place to argue but that's what happens on here A LOT .
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 10:19 AM
Originally Posted By: TC
Facebook isn't that a gossip site for kids?

Posted By: redindianguy Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 11:09 AM
I would just like to thank the guys from oldgas . For all you do , because of your passion and the time you donate,that we can even have this discussion .Thank you .
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 12:48 PM
I would just like to thank Mark Zuckerberg.
For showing us all why we should appreciate OldGas.com a little more.
Posted By: katfsh Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 01:09 PM
I didn't realize this was bickering I thought this was a discussion, something old folks like to do. Sorry Bobby for getting you hammered by such fine up standing guys on Facebook. I did get a PM on here with a couple great sites that I can share with Hayden. Thanks Eshaver.
Posted By: eshaver Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 02:56 PM
Folks , ask Katfish if the Service Station group and the Diorama group I own on faceless Book aren't Family friendly .....
Posted By: marky Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 03:54 PM
its a social media site, I don't agree with swearing but if stuff gets outta hand on face book just like here the thread gets locked or deleted.
Posted By: eshaver Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 05:01 PM
Marky, I have and I do these things too .....................
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 07:55 PM
Picks of the Week was actually started by Anthony Koban who tried graciously offering his items for sale on here ONLY to be disrespected for inflated prices, dogged for being young and literally run off because he was a picker!
So He started Picks of the Week to make a FAIR and LEVEL playing field for ALL people Young and Old interested in this hobby!
NOT JUST THE VETERANS who think they run everything and know it all!!!!
Just within the last year there has been 20+ newly discovered items, signs, several globes and cans that NEVER MADE OLDGAS!!!! BUT they all showed up on picks of the week for sale or recently purchased!!!!
So as moderator I invite every single member of oldgas to at least come check it out! If you know me, you know I dont bite my tongue NOR will I tolerate the petty crybaby stuff everyone complains about on here!!!!
As for Bobby Jones??? He was kicked off facebook Picks of the Week for argueing and cussing over an oil can guys!!! Sound familiar???? hahahahaha
Thanks Wes for bringing this to light and thanks to the guys that sent me messages thanking me for the link!!! I also appreciated the phone calls I recieved from fellow members...
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Wes Hague
Don't get me wrong here guys that love OLDGAS,, but there isn't this kinda bickering on FB that I know of.. there seems to be more of a P-----G contest on OLDGAS.. I still enjoy OLDGAS everyday but I do find both sites for learning and buying and selling.. very beneficial.

I completely agree with you & have an explanation for your 1st line.
I've found that Facebook posters who go against the grain,(be they right or wrong),& rub the owner of that page the wrong way,get their replies deleted by that particular homepage's owner.Now that's their privilege to do so,but some owners manipulate the conversations by deleting replies that may show them or the topic in badlight,(be they right or wrong),that it turns into unrealistic tripe by him & his yes men.

Jim & OG Moderators seem to have much more leniency here and allow us all to express our full opinions. smile
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 10:01 PM
Facebook posters that violate our rules are politely warned ONCE then BANNED! PERIOD!
Not smacked on their veteran butts and allowed to continue doing exact same for years...
Also the moderators work FULL TIME watching the site! Not work all day then check in on it that night when they get around to it!!!
I totally RESPECT oldgas and its discussion and showcase forums BUT facebook has become the NEW buying/selling format!
I have known the oldgas bossman (Jim) for years.
We are friends on facebook smile
I would think Jim would want an oldgas facebook page to advertise this site if nothing else...but that is totally on him...just a thought...
If you like buying/selling signs or showing off your finds then come give us a try...
NOW Back to the Sunset sign that was JUST discovered today and posted on Picks of the Week!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 10:10 PM
this thread is starting to sound like facebook with all the whiny little tantrums
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 10:35 PM
BINGO!
Thanks for reminding me KZ1000
You must use your REAL NAME on facebook when you sign up.
Not hide behind some incomplete profile/user name and start ***** all day with pickers and new members!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 10:39 PM
I Rest my case!!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 10:44 PM
So about 4-6 years ago, I don't even remember, I started a facebook page just to see what it was. I never posted a single thing that I remember and I haven't been back. Other than a couple times, again, just to try and figure out what it even was.
I hate the format!! Just looking at a facebook page drives me nuts. There seems to be no organization. I can't stand it. I don't know. Maybe I'm not to bright sometimes.
I don't think there is any stopping it from infiltrating the hobby. It's just not for me!! If that means missing out on a great piece that was for sale. Oh well!!
When it comes to this hobby, leave facebook to the Kardashians!! Or what ever that chics name is with the big A@@. wink
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Fri Apr 17 2015 11:59 PM
Where's that damn like button?;)
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 12:47 AM

Posted By: coheley5 Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 01:12 AM
Have never had a face book account and don't think I am going to start . All my wife's friends and my son use it for is to troll around and try to find out every thing about every body . I also have had 2 different friend keep posting about being on vacation and were robbed while they were gone . Not face book fault but just another tool for crime if not used just for picking and posting items for sale.
Posted By: jbrooks Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 01:50 AM
I used to love checking oldgas several times a day and I tried many times to be a positive presence on here but most times I felt shunned or ignored because I was a new guy and apparently even worse I live in NJ. I remember a few members saying everyone from NJ was evil.

I joined Facebook and it is much less of a good ole boy network, just the way it played out for me but I barely check in here anymore.
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 03:33 AM
https://m.facebook.com/Oldgas

I hate to point out the obvious to those who don't have an open mind about this at least some are willing to use all the tools out there....

Thanks to those who do and to Jim for the great site!

Bob.
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 06:26 AM
Can I tweet ? Where's that fit in all this?
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 08:10 AM
Originally Posted By: 47reo-travis
Can I tweet ? Where's that fit in all this?

ROTFL!!
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 10:03 AM
I still like them both, ( FB & OG ), lots of negativity on OG, but there are some real good guys on here and I appreciate that. OG has been good to me, I have sold a lot of good stuff on here.. The info and knowledge on OG is invaluable. I do find quite a few members on here that are too quick to judge items ( repo or orig ) before they know what there talking about. I think the more tools we have in our tool boxes the better off we are and the more educated we get. There is room for both venues, "to each his own".. Thanks OG for all you have done for me.

ps. I like the guy from NJ have the same feeling that a handful of guys on OG take exception to me being from Canada, not sure why ? " just sayin " .. smile
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 01:26 PM
Best of luck to redhotrelics Anthony and his Facebook page. I just don't appreciate spreading negativity about Oldgas.com and its members right here while building up someplace else to go.
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 01:58 PM
What Jim said, if you don't like Old Gas, feel free to leave,,
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 03:33 PM
I also agree with Jim and Wes. I`ve always liked original stuff...knock offs are not for me.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 04:00 PM
Hey Dave,,, please don't mistake FB for just having repro stuff, there is a ton of good original stuff being bought and sold on FB every day, there are some really good pages on there and good buys.
The advantage on OG is the vast amount of knowledge that is compiled from all the members new and old that's available on OG just for the asking.. ( still likem both ) smile
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Wes Hague
Hey Dave,,, please don't mistake FB for just having repro stuff, ( still likem both ) smile

I believe he was calling facebook the repop. And Oldgas the authentic original.

And Wes, I may be a little naïve about such things, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would crash on you simply for being Canadian. I'm only one guy and one voice, but I assure I don't feel that way. Being from the Detroit area, I've always felt like cousins with Canada and my Canadian friends.
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 09:43 PM
Originally Posted By: jbrooks
I used to love checking oldgas several times a day and I tried many times to be a positive presence on here but most times I felt shunned or ignored because I was a new guy and apparently even worse I live in NJ. I remember a few members saying everyone from NY was evil

Thats EXACTLY my point!

You can NOT discriminate against the new guys because they do it for a living OR pickers because they make money selling signs and continue to have a positive venue for discussion! I have watched this happen for almost 10 years now after it happened to me!
Then to see how badly redhotrelics was wrongfully treated for inflated prices YET his signs are selling like hot cakes setting the new retail standards!!!
I have pointed out the FAKE usernames, Nothing changed!
Pointed out MEMBERS buying signs from india and selling as originals, Nothing changed still members!
I have pointed out ebay, craigslist scammers and put my own neck on the line with people selling repo's as originals and had my family threated BUT yet that guy is still a member!
I have SHOUTED from the mountain tops how OLDGAS.COM is the greatest website on the planet for 9+ years!
I honestly used to invite everyone to join BUT refrain from doing so because they get beat up being the new guy!
I am in NO WAY saying facebook is better than oldgas! However I am saying if you buy/sell signs and enjoy seing new discoveries every day then facebook should be added to your endeavors....Thats All!!!!!
Roll with the changes oldgas and STOP picking on the new guys OR there will be NOTHING but OLD grumpy men sitting on here wondering what happened...
I have done my best to give my honest advice, post 1000's of pictures, perpetuate some of the largest or THE largest donations to oldgas! I have worn my oldgas t shirt and hoodies to every show and placed some of the rarest signs in people's collections ALL while taking pride in doing so..I have NEVER had a bad transaction and ALWAYS offered a 100% money back guarantee!
Noone said anything about NOT liking this site wes/jim!!! So telling me to leave IF I dont like it is a cop out...Thats an understood scenario! I will leave IF I dont like it just like all the others that have left...
I have the utmost respect for Jim and oldgas.com or I wouldn't even be wasting my breath right now trying to help! Period!

As for repo's on facebook? NOT ALLOWED WHATSOEVER!!!!!
unlike oldgas where they are fine as long as they are marked or sold as such?
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 10:00 PM
Well said Tom
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 10:39 PM
Whew, I had to read your comment a few times Tom,,

No one said anything about NOT liking this site wes/jim!!!

I forgot I wasn't the only Wes in this conversation,, As J Mancino said , " well said Tom."
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 10:40 PM
Awesome site you have here Jim. Thank you.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sat Apr 18 2015 10:41 PM
Thanks Steve, feelings are mutual...
Posted By: 72Scamp Re: Facebook vs. Oldgas - Sun Apr 19 2015 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: tomzcollectiblez
hey 72Scamp, I just looked at your profile on mopar, seen your 72 scamp, and seen your sign listed on oldgas ALL THRU GOOGLE! smile
Its all about HOW you search also...
Im NOT gonna teach you how to search google so go back to beanie babies!!!
LOL

Hey Tom, why are you bashing me? I don't care for FB, so what? I don't care what you googled, I have no profile on mopar, you didn't see my 72 Scamp, and big deal, I sold a sign on oldgas. You found that by searching my user name, not my real name. So, maybe you're the one who needs to learn how to google. If you have a problem, why not send me a private message instead of bashing me in public? You talk about respecting newbies, and this is coming from you? The beanie babies comment is totally disgusting.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk