Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Gasman84470, J, Micieli, keithia
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by kjsplichal67
kjsplichal67
Hello again everyone! For this POTM I am choosing to do one of my favorite pumps, the Tokheim 34. The Tokheim Pump Company originated in Cedar Rapids Iowa and the company later moved to Fort Wayne Indiana and produced some of the best looking pumps including the 34 versions. These pumps have a very unique and beautiful design. Not only was this Tokheim’s first computing pump, It was also Tokheim’s first version of a display pump. These pumps were first manufactured in 1934 and various versions of the 34 were produced.

34 - original base model
34 - original base model with different Tokheim special face plates
34 - Shell version / made specifically for Shell, had shell face plates, also came with the option of lighted panels, showcase , etc… for promoting Shell.
34 - base model with showcase (first version of showcase)
34 - base model with showcase (second version of showcase) showcase protrudes from panels.
34 - base model with flashing lighted advertising panel.

One key feature of a 34 showcase compared to the original version is the extra step in the base. I have also seen in person a couple 34’s that came with chrome stamped sleeves that went over the base, center casting, top, and visi. Here is a picture of my 34. Please feel free to ad anything that I may have missed. Enjoy and have a great month!
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Gas Pump Rob
Gas Pump Rob
My 34 lineup.
Attached Images
2 members like this
by gatorgaspumps
gatorgaspumps
Here is mine. Richard
Attached Images
2 members like this