Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
FlyinJenny, FordFool69, hawkike
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by FlyinJenny
FlyinJenny
Just wondering if any of y'all also enjoy collecting aerospace or aviation related things? I am a private pilot and I am always on the lookout for interesting pieces. I'm in the Houston area, so I continue to hope for some cool aerospace items, but so far I haven't scored too many. My favorite little piece is a mug that looks to have been given to folks working on a project for NASA. It sports the NASA JSC logo as well as "SR & QA" (which I believe stands for Safety, Reliability and Quality Assurance). The back has the motto "We made the transition work!" I love it and kick myself because there were two at the Goodwill, and I only picked up one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My other favorite item is a vintage Trans Australian Airways bag I picked up in a dusty antique shop in Canberra when visiting my then-boyfriend (now husband). I need some photos of that one. It even came with a bonus dead spider, because Australia.

I also collect Rocketeer memorabilia and prints:

And as a big fan of the beautiful Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, I am always on the lookout for vintage Republic aircraft items.

Keep 'em flyin'!
Liked Replies
by Gasman84470
Gasman84470
Shell Aero
Attached Images
2 members like this
by It's for sale
It's for sale
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by huskybob
huskybob
This is a local sign from a long gone airport.

[Linked Image]
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved