Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
AlbertaNorthStar, hawkike, RandyM
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by advertologist
advertologist
50 years ago today was my first day at texaco -

over the years less hair & more weight (how does that work)

always liked advertising but employment got me

started seriously collecting oil company memorabilia

what got you started ? - your 2ยข .. ... cool
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by RandyM
RandyM
It all started with the building of my shop. It is a 50 x 104 pole building to support my automotive hobby. My stepdad mentioned it would be neat to have an old gas pump outside. We actually had the pump before the building was completed. It is a Wayne 70. The building went up in 1992 along with the electrical and the cement pad. I did not get the pump restored until 95, that is when I realized that all this gas station stuff was really COOL. I have been adding pump, signs, and globes ever since. The pump is wired with an electric photo eye and is lit every night from dusk to dawn. I restored it in Mobilgas as that was what it was tagged when I bought it.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by advertologist
advertologist
Originally Posted by hawkike
Signal Hill is where oil was discovered in Long beach Ca.

Shell Oil Company discovered oil on SIgnal Hill in 1921, last picture is "first well of many" on SIgnal Hill .. ... cool
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Craig Osbeck
Craig Osbeck
Randy, the grounds and shop look great, infact outstanding. I am a person who likes well maintained lawns and shrubs.
1 member likes this
by aviojnd
aviojnd
I worked in a garage that had two texaco pumps in 1960 then started hauling petroleum in 1965 drove for mobil for 17 years then when mobil left the midwest we kept the cusumers and bought our own transports I retired in 1999. in the early 70s I went to car shows and swap meets an d saw people selling globes and signs having acess to a lot of bulk plants I would come home about every day with good stuff I wish I still had it all tom oxtoby
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved