Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
RandyM
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#751379 07/08/2020 12:53 PM
by fuelboy
fuelboy
I love the idea of restoring something to preserve its history like a lot here are doing with these pumps and related items. But sometimes you come across things that can't be saved. While this pump sat in my storage I would often just open the door and always look down at the date stamped on the inside. Now that i'm restoring it, it has bothered me that getting these blasted will remove those dates.

I got on Amazon and ordered some carving pads and thought heck this isn't that difficult to reproduce. Sat at the kitchen table and in about 2 hrs had a stamp made and wondering the whole time if i'm the only one that will get any kind of satisfaction out of all that trouble?
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#751438 Jul 9th a 11:36 PM
by Paul Bell
Paul Bell
That's really slick Mark, good idea. I've been looking into these kind of things too in order to get a complete restoration. Bothers me sometimes when you lose the little details like this, I get what you mean. There are some slick stuff out there now. It's easy to make your own water slide decals at home using an ink jet, can get very small. For stamping, like you just did, I saw a stamp making machine, used by scrapbooking people mostly, but havent tried it yet. It's very cheap, I think like $40 for the system. Think it work really well for something like this and no carving needed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77dmNKcPoAE
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved