Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
Mikegoe, RedHat
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#748791 05/15/2020 5:55 PM
by DWSheffer
DWSheffer
Can anyone tell me if this is an original sign or not? I wouldn't want to support this junk/repro seller but I'm curious to know if the sign is original or not. I try and keep photos of all the original Marathon items I see for future reference. It's a design I've never seen for sale before, but I have not collected Marathon items as long as Mobil. Obviously there are some who like this seller and I realize they do/did sell some original items, but like it or not they are now regularly ripping people off but I digress.
Thanks for any comments on the sign,
Darin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Vintage-Marathon-Motor-Oil-Gas-Station-48-Metal-Sign/143602852684
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#748805 May 16th a 12:31 AM
by gasgeezer
gasgeezer
If you look at their other auctions you will notice many other 48" signs with the same rusty back. and mounting holes. They also somehow disable the click to enlarge feature somehow so you cant inspect anything closely. I wouldnt spend a dead skunk on any of their junk!
1 member likes this
#748801 May 15th a 09:59 PM
by huskybob
huskybob
Even if it's an original sign after checking their neutral and negative feedback I don't see why anyone would deal with them.
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved