Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Thread Like Summary
J, Micieli, Oldgas
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#746012 03/30/2020 11:46 PM
by Hardy's Garage
Hardy's Garage
Like many of you I’m self quarantined and working on a couple of projects that are long overdue. One is a Wayne 866 and the other is an Aqua E-700. I started the Wayne some 15 years ago, before my wife and I moved to our current home, and just never got back to it. The Aqua has been untouched for approximately 7 or 8 years and I got the bug to work on it after finishing an Aqua E-455. I do not do any detailed restoration work as I like the original look and keep my pumps in a high traffic area. I like to rewire the lights, replace any broken parts, including glass, clean the computers and install parts that were missing. There may not be any shows for some time but the number of completed pumps in personal collection is sure to soar.

I hope everyone is social distancing at the least and staying home as much as possible. I have two daughters that are in health care, one is a vet tech in a NYC emergency animal hospital and they are out of masks (their concern is getting the virus from a coworker, two of which have already tested positive, or someone dropping off their pet,) and the other is the lead nurse in the COVID 19 area of her hospital and she is assigned one face mask per week. Proud of them and scared to death at the same time.

Please be safe, stay home as much as possible and continue to enjoy our terrific hobby,

I'll post some pictures once I get the pumps done.
Liked Replies
#746208 Apr 2nd a 07:37 PM
by oldpumpjack
oldpumpjack
Just finished a Bennett 546B.Have one more pump to do a Wayne 70 Station Lighter that I was going to do next winter but I guess I am going to start on it. Nothing else to do right now. Almost summer down here in the Deep South. I too have a daughter in health care. As parents all we can do is pray and hope they stay safe.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved