I had one and it’s gone now. But it was a good story. I bought it out of a rich neighborhood near Toronto. The family sold it to me because they had a fancy house and wanted to re-model the large detached garage (carriage house). This thing could probably fit six cars easily. They were spending $120,000 for the re-model !!! Well there was an old G&B 86 in the garage and it was attached to an underground tank. These houses were for the rich back in the day and this carriage house had its own gas for the homeowners. Well they had to remove the underground tanks for the re-model. The tanks were under the cement garage floor. When the inspector came out, they discovered the ground was contaminated from leaching (or a leak) and had to pay $40,000 for the clean-up and removal/disposal of the contaminated dirt. Yards and yards of it. At that point they had to pay the $40k regardless. Their $120,000 job just turned into a $160,000 job. So needless to say they hated that gas pump. As we cut a deal on the price, the couple said, “Yeah, that’s fine. Just get that thing the hell outta here.”
Attached Images