I've been in this hobby as a "micro" collector for at least 30 years. Lack of $$ & space have always been the monkey on my back.

In the last 5 years I have been able to finally purchase a couple of pumps & cheap signs. (over 60 crowd now) The last 2 years I think everyone wants to retire off of their collections. I've been trying to get a reasonable restorable ECO air meter without any

luck.

This hobby has become a $$ business. I'm hooked, so I decided to do my own thing. Since the "pandemonium", I've been making my own annual projects.

For my birthday last June, my kids got me a reproduction oval Gargoyle globe. (I asked for it) I took 4 months to find a place to display my new globe.

I found a 4' cast iron newel post for sale for $50. Got it for $40. Globe would go great on top. It's got the look!! Started thinking air tower. One thing led to another. The post is about 65lbs.

As a shop rat for the last 45 years, I got to work on a bridgeport mill.

This guy now weighs about 85 lbs.It rolls on heavy duty rollers, passes air, and lights up.

Project price is around $500, but since the globe & cast air sign were birthday & Christmas gifts, I have more like $300 into it.

Thanks to Ron Scobie for lots of great parts support!

Rick S.
Attached Images