Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
From what I read into the new user agreement Paypal sent this morning, other than expected increased fees for everything related to Paypal, the one that is important to most of us that use it would be that Paypal is no longer offering seller or purchaser protection on payments sent using the friends and family function. Just wanted to point that out as it's probably the biggest change protection-wise for many of us.
Darin

We are updating the list of items that are not eligible for Purchase Protection. The updates to the list are:
Financial products or investments of any kind.
Donations.
Payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality.
Payments made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay or guest checkout transactions (i.e., payments not sent using your PayPal account).

We are updating the list of items that are not eligible for Seller Protection. The updates to the list are:
Donations.
Financial products or investments of any kind.
Payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality.
Payments made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay.

Last edited by DWSheffer; Wed Feb 08 2017 08:34 AM.

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
So does this now mean that when an buyer pays a seller via friends/family,they will Now stand behind that buyer if there is a problem,just as if he paid from a bank acct or C.C?

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
The way I read into it Rick, neither side is covered by Purchase Protection anymore. A dispute would probably fall with your bank or creditcard company instead of Paypal.
Is this what others read into this? If I'm wrong, please clarify as I'm not a lawyer, lol.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
As far as I've known, you've never been protected as a buyer using the friends and family option. The only time I use f/f is if I know who I'm buying from because it saves the seller the 3% fee that they loose if sent goods/services. Otherwise, if I don't know who I'm buying from, I always send goods/services incase there is a problem.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I agree Darin & Dave,the only reason I mentioned that is because I'm a lil confused in their wording & see no difference for the seller now if he is paid via F/F.
They say they no longer will protect the seller for payments sent to him via F/F,so that sounded like they would side with the buyer now.
Did I read that wrong?

Collecting Vintage Sunoco

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved