Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
The UPS store in Waco, Tx was hired to ship all the auction items. They are over charging for shipping and handling. I got into with them on a sign being shipped from Waco to Ft. Worth (120 miles). Sign is SSP 40" X 9"= $76. After proving my point now it's $56.
They also wanted my credit card # before quoting me S&H charges. Called them out on that one too.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Went to one ups store they wanted $175 to pack a 30" sign that I did not have thetim to pack myself. Went to another ups store with the same sign $10 to pack it. Some are reasonable some are a rip.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Same for me, I bought a globe and wanted my credit card number before telling me a price. I understand them packing it and man hours to do so but he didn't even have a true price yet. I asked them to call me before they bill my card... he did give me a ballpark quote.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Why would they want your CC # before quoting a price?

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
The auction co. said after the auction A & S will call for CC#. You will then get another call from The UPS Store with a shipping quote.
It is to my understanding they are to package it up first. Then they call you and ask how you would like it shipped, overnight, 2nd day, ups ground. Which ever one you pick then they figure out the total and you agree or disagree.
I told them I would drive down there and get it myself. I would only get charged $5 for their transport fee from the auction house to the UPS store. That's when they decided to knock $20 off. I would spend less in gas with the first quote of $76 and could do some picking on the way too.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved