Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#679228 Sun Feb 12 2017 10:43 AM
B
bcman76 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello! I was trying to get some information on my Tokheim 423 Double Lubester. I would like to know the value and hopefully what this thing could have looked like when it was new in case I restore it. Possibly a year time frame on when it was produced. I really appreciate any help!

Serial Numbers: 192208 and 192209

It has GRCO stamped on each pump, so I know it was made for Gulf Refinery Company.

Both globes are good, both pumps actually function (there is still oil in it), covers are good and both measuring sticks are clean. There are no holes anywhere, I think that was due to the dirt and oil caked on it, It's was like a time capsule.

Picture4.jpg Picture5.jpg Picture6.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...it would have been solid Orange, with appropriate decals...any other paint scheme would not be one Gulf would have used...if you Google 'old Gulf station photo, you should be able to find an old b/w pic of one in use...it looks as though it's missing the round platforms where the oil bottles would sit while bring filled...

Last edited by gulfiend!; Mon Feb 13 2017 07:46 PM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Are the wheels missing ? Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Just sold mine $750.00

DSC02875.JPG

Craig
B
bcman76 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the info! I'll look for pictures tonight.

yes its missing the round platforms and the cart it was originally on.

B
bcman76 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
thanks to Gulfiend! I found a potential image from Washington DC in late 1920's. It almost appears they are dark blue or black with the logo on the end and the oil grade under each tank.

also no cart, just planted on the island

DC pic.JPG good gulf.JPG nonox.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...it's orange in the photo, like the pumps...old b/w photos captured red, orange and dark yellow as black or very dark grey - darker than blues were captured...if the Gulf sign was visible in your image, the orange background would appear darker than the blue drop shadow in the logo...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved