Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi Folks,

I picked up this visible gas pump top (repainted). Unfortunately I only got the top, no idea what happened to the bottom. I was hoping someone could help identify the maker for me. Were the tops mass produced to fit a number of different manufacturers? I looked through Jack's book but there seems to be a number of potential makers.

Thanks!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
That is an add on cylinder top for a pre visible. I have one like that on my Wayne previsible pump.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
It's a 10 gallon Canadian Wayne Visible.

OP Offline
Thanks for the help guys. I've done some more research and the gallon markers definitely point to a Canadian Wayne. I'm trying to narrow down the model and am thinking it came from a Wayne 78 or 83. Possibly from a 615 or 619 as well but the bottom looks a lot like the visibles made by Boyle-Dayton (60,70,80 series). According to Jack's book, Boyle-Dayton made the Wayne 78 and 83 under the Wayne name. Any opinions?

wocopep, were you referring to the small metal piece (marked 22450) in your post? Perhaps this piece belonged to a different model/pump than the rest?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved