Print Thread
#685182 Fri Apr 21 2017 10:50 AM
M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
The Butler 61 I am restoring had the original curved section conduit pipe and tail section conduit pipe, but there were no brackets inside the frame to secure it. The conduit pipe was hanging from the bonnet when I got the pump. I have some homemade brackets made and ready to install.

Does anyone have a photo of a Butler 61 without the skins that shows where the conduit brackets were located and what they look like?
Joe

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
In most visible pumps, the bracket had a single bolt through the center of the conduit bracket. The bracket had curved areas at each end, done on the flat side of the steel, which was placed on either side of internal piping to secure the conduit. You had conduit on one end and piping on the other. As you tightened the bolt, it would squeeze the interior pipe holding everything in place. Very simple design. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Fri Apr 21 2017 11:01 AM.
Originally Posted By gasmansgp
In most visible pumps, the bracket had a single bolt through the center of the conduit bracket. The bracket had curved areas at each end, done on the flat side of the steel, which was placed on either side of internal piping to secure the conduit. You had conduit on one end and piping on the other. As you tightened the bolt, it would squeeze the interior pipe holding everything in place. Very simple design. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

On the pumps I have had the skins off of, the bracket looks just like described above. I dont currently have one with the skins off or I would snap you a picture.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
That is exactly the type of brackets I am going to use. I am not certain where the original brackets were installed, but I will figure out where and how many it takes to keep the conduit in the correct position.

It does not look like there was any type of bracket inside the bonnet to hold the junction box/light fixtures in place. I assume that the brackets inside the frame keep the pipe and junction box/light fixtures in place. Is that right?
Joe

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved