Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
19 minutes ago
Attempting to get a Eco 97 functioning. Removed the housing covers and hooked up air. There is air leaking out of a small rectangular port just below the main valve. And there is no difference when closing the hook. New to this tireflator operation. I've checked Jack Sim's site and know what parts are available and he offers a rebuild service. Seems like my problem goes beyond diaphram and strainer gasket replacement. I know there is a lot of expertise with these units on this forum. What direction should I go??? Thanks in advance. Bob
0 5 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
6 hours ago
This is a sign that has Esso on one side and Standard Oil on the oil. Understand it is rare. Appreciate feedback on the rarity of it (maybe it is not that rare), and market price. It is not my sign.
0 47 Read More
9 hours ago
The only "GULF No-nox" sign that I can find on this site has a blue back. Is there a legitmate version with a white back?
0 51 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
13 hours ago
As shown. Amazing patina and all original except 1 face plate . Also see the video. Pick up in Tehachapi, Calif. or make shipping arrangements and I will help load. Pump with original globe $ 3950 pump only without globe $ 2950 . Thanks !

video ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_6KDo3Z3sI&feature=youtu.be
0 168 Read More
13 hours ago
Excellent condition as shown in photos and video . $ 1850 pick up in Tehachapi or make arrangements for shipping and I will help load . Thanks !

Video ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7YjBFpPsk&feature=youtu.be
0 142 Read More
13 hours ago
Someone (from Canada?) bought a computer from Tom Buckles
and had it sent to me to be rebuilt maybe August or September,
I have lost the info in the move and Tom does not recall the customer's name.
Tom seems to think it was for a Bennett 541.
We both seem to remember it was for a customer in Canada.
I am ready to finish up on the computer.
I just need to put the wheels in and find the owner.
Thanks
Joe
0 68 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
14 hours ago
Recently purchased an oval shaped Esso thermometer. It is not working. It is the spring mechanical type and as expected is rusty. One great suggestion is to buy another thermometer to cannabilize. Appreciate any suggestions.
0 41 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
16 hours ago
Hi, new to this so please be patient with me.. looking for the rectangular Sinclair washing and lubrication signs, also a smaller rectangular Sinclair sign also. Please contact me if you know of any for sale out there. Thanks Andy 920-860-1135. Text or call is good.
0 36 Read More
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Both are from Italy, to my knowledge. One liter cans are five percent taller than US quarts, or a lid or two taller. Both are empty, very nice condition. Pennzip is topless while the Vixol is drained from two small holes in the bottom. Take them both for $125 plus shipping. If you only want one, Vixol is $65 and the Pennoil is $90. Thanks!
0 67 Read More
Yesterday at 05:41 PM
I have a few pumps for sale. Can ship at cost or deliver to upcoming shows. Thanks

2 A38's - $2,500 ea

Bennette $1,250
0 286 Read More
Yesterday at 05:41 PM
I just added a Boyle Dayton curb pump Model 75 to my collection. It looks pretty boring with no signage or price box. Does anyone have some pictures that show some in service with some sort of adverting on them?
0 73 Read More
Yesterday at 05:32 PM
20"diameter with 4'10" pole ,pick up or may be able to deliver to up coming show.$165
0 121 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
Yesterday at 03:59 PM
Dear Oldgas friends.

Do you know the story of the attractive young woman framed by a Kelly-Springfield tire that smiles at us from the billboards and magazine ads?

What about enjoying the Kelly old ads art by great illustrators such as Louis Mayer, Justin Gruelle, Laurence Fellows, the Master Peter Helck and the Streamliner train designer Otto Kulher, among others?

It is a pleasure to share with you the results of my ten-year research as a scholar especialized in the pioneer tire companies graphic design and advertising strategies (1880s-1930s). I’m a professor of Graphic Design subject at the University of Barcelona, Catalonia, a pasionated academic researcher and writer… and a collector too.

If you want to know more about the Kelly-Springfield Tire Co. and its amazing advertising history, download it in the link:
http://diposit.ub.edu/dspace/bitstream/2445/126382/155/41.pdf

There you will find an entire article devoted to Kelly written by me, accompanied by dozens of incredible images never published before. Surely it's worth looking at!

I hope you enjoy the fruits of my academic research, gathered in my Thesis dissertation dealing with the American pioneer tire industry: The Forgotten Years of Bibendum. Michelin’s American Period in Milltown: Design, Illustration and Advertising by Pioneer Tire Companies (1900-1930).

There you will find the story of other important tire companies such as Fisk, Gillette, Cupples, Lee, Republic, Hood, India and Miller, among others.

You can find them in the link:
http://diposit.ub.edu/dspace/handle/2445/126382

I wish you to be useful.

I'm looking forward to reading your comments and apportations to the topic!

Greetings from Barcelona, Catalonia.

Sincerely, Pau.

---------------------------------
Dr. Pau Medrano-Bigas
Professor of Graphic Design at the Grade of Design.
Department of Visual Arts and Design.
Sant Jordi Faculty of Fine Arts.
University of Barcelona.
------
Email (Department): pau.medrano.bigas@ub.edu
------
Member of GRACMON,
Research Group in
Contemporary Art and Design History,
University of Barcelona.
0 80 Read More
Yesterday at 05:00 AM
gallon anti cans co op and amoco 10 ea-- Shell 15- CO OP and Amoco rough on back-- shell nice all sides no top--other anti freeze cans shown 5 to 35.00--anything of interest email me at dons.oilcans.signs@erols for prices- these and 5 qt cans left at www.oilnspeed.com site plus many new old car parts- speed parts etc- take a look- thanks don
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 138 Read More
For Sale Petroliana for Offers, Bids or Trades (unpriced)
Sat Jan 19 2019 09:05 PM
Think this means "on sale here".Measures app.18" by 24" Will trade for AAA sign or?? Also consider offer.

The sign is tin and shows wear,scratches etc.
0 58 Read More
Sat Jan 19 2019 06:55 PM
Your choice...$5 each...flat rate of $3 to ship 1-4 items....buy 5 or more and get free shipping

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 158 Read More
Sat Jan 19 2019 06:04 AM
Pretty cool embossed tin tacker and matching quart can from a small compnybout of Milan. $495 shipping included takes the pair
0 175 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Sat Jan 19 2019 04:33 AM
An ad that appeared years ago.
0 63 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Sat Jan 19 2019 03:12 AM
I am looking for a corner piece for a Mobiloil rack as shown in the picture.
Please let me know if you have 1 or 2.

Thanks,
Petro2013
0 90 Read More
Sat Jan 19 2019 12:40 AM
One is full, one is not.
$185 for the full one
$165 for empty
0 138 Read More
Sat Jan 19 2019 12:38 AM
early Whiz Service Station Sign. Measures 31” by 23.5”. I believe this would have been a curb sign. It’s early. Asking $1100 obo shipped to the Cont US
0 222 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Sat Jan 19 2019 12:22 AM
I’m looking for Rush gallon markers. Thanks Tim
0 52 Read More
Fri Jan 18 2019 08:41 PM
My gosh, this is the third one of these that I've now found among my goodies that have been stored away for years. The first two have been sold....so, here goes with number three!

This is an NOS EVERSHARP brand, AC Fuel Pumps Pen & Pencil set. It is in true never-used condition. The pen and pencil are done in blue, with gold accents. The AC Fuel Pumps logo imprint is in silver.

The mechanical pencil works fine, but I'm sure the retractable pen refill is dried-up. The original presentation box is included. There are a few ink scribble marks on the inside of the box. It looks like someone was checking the pen out years ago! All three of these NOS AC pen & pencil sets have had some of these little "test" marks.

The price is $40, INCLUCING shipping in the U.S.. Thanks for looking. John
0 97 Read More
Fri Jan 18 2019 08:31 PM
This is an AMALIE MOTOR OIL dealer leather key case. It is in good shape. The dealer is National Mill Supply, Inc. from Fort Wayne, Indiana.

NOTE: The shiny areas in the upper right of this key case are from the camera lighting. SORRY, the second and third photos don't want to display, but you can click on their "name", and they'll open.

The price is $15, INCLUDING shipping in the U.S.. Thanks for looking. John
0 54 Read More
Fri Jan 18 2019 08:24 PM
This is a Kendall Oil 1939 New York World’s Fair Good Luck Key Chain. It is in very good condition. This nearly 80-year-old Kendall key chain has the nice early Kendall oil can pictured on one side, along with the words “Guaranteed 100 Percent Bradford Pennsylvania Oil”.

The other side has the iconic 1939 New York World’s Fair logo on it. This Kendall key chain looks very good in person. The greatly enlarged digital photo magnifies the very small imperfections around the perimeter of the medallion. SORRY, but the first photo attachment doesn't want to display, but if you click on it, it'll come up.

The price is just $15, INCLUDING SHIPPING in the U.S. A padded envelope will be used. Thanks for looking. John
0 76 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved