Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Petroliana Value Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil curb and pump signs by nochevys @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:58 PM

curb sign is legit Gargoyle sign is a reproduction...
General Petroliana Discussion
Jump to new posts Wayne Globes by Tim Rohr @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:55 PM

Some globes offered by the Wayne Oil Tank & Pump Company.
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: Red Spot Coffee Sign by nochevys @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:19 PM

I've seen a lot of these signs for sale lately did someone find a stash of them somewhere???
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: tack? by buzzy56 @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:19 PM

Sun after market tachometer. Had the same exact model purchased in 1969 used it in my 1956 2dr. Bel. Aire D gasser. Purchased at Johnsons Speed shop for $39.99 . Still in it when I sold the car a few years back.
Jump to new posts Re: Gasoline or oil shirt,jacket or cap patches by Maps for the memories @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:17 PM

Be careful if you buy at flea markets. There are a LOT of repros out there.
For Sale Petroliana with prices
Jump to new posts Re: Las Stik Auto Polishing Cloth NOS Great Graphics by Sinclair Dino @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:13 PM

Sold thanks oldgas.
Jump to new posts Re: Remove Tar From Light Fixture by BryceG @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:13 PM

im certainly going to try this chipping theory! sounds a lot less smelly
Jump to new posts Re: 42" Cadillac DSP Sign Value by carolinaskies @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:07 PM

Apparently JimT you didn't read my post. "If you want to flaunt buying a perfect one - $2500 and you deserve to overpay every penny you have to pay for it." The market has been in a steep upswing for 2 years and this sign is now selling
Jump to new posts Re: Remove Tar From Light Fixture by Savinsam @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:02 PM

I'm with Mike. I've always chipped the hardened 'gook' out. It's never been very hard to do. Just time consuming.
Want to Buy Petroliana
Jump to new posts Wanted: Price wheel for late model (54) computer by GrandpaBear @ Thu Feb 26 2015 01:01 PM

I need a replacement price wheel for a 60's vintage VR computer. I *think* it is a model 54. I am looking for the 1 cent wheel. Prefer clean but will take what I can get. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: This Day in Automotive History ( TDAH ) by Oilcanman87 @ Thu Feb 26 2015 12:45 PM

Thanks. Here's todays. February 26th 2/26/1944: The SCCA is founded, and dedicated to the preservation of vintage sports cars. 2/26/2015: The founder of hemmings motor news dies at the age of 92.
Jump to new posts Re: Remove Tar From Light Fixture by BryceG @ Thu Feb 26 2015 12:41 PM

the last one I did was a Wayne 100... and there was no hope... too much tar and the junction box never did come off. i ended saying screw it and drilled the cups of the light socket areas.
Jump to new posts Re: tack? by hotrodfun1 @ Thu Feb 26 2015 12:28 PM

I was thinking my 56 ford pickup??
Jump to new posts Re: Red Spot Coffee Sign by Markymark63 @ Thu Feb 26 2015 12:25 PM

PM sent.
Jump to new posts Red Spot Coffee Sign by Jamie P @ Thu Feb 26 2015 12:10 PM

Original 1940's Red Spot Coffee Embossed Tin Metal Sign 19.75" x 2.75" $75 shipped
Jump to new posts Re: Remove Tar From Light Fixture by Mike M. @ Thu Feb 26 2015 12:07 PM

Maybe it chips because of the Cold up here, LOL I use long chisels in the pipes after banging on the outside and have always just broke it loose in the boxes and elbows. Only so much was used in the ones I have done....maybe they used more in Bear
Jump to new posts Re: Remove Tar From Light Fixture by BryceG @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:53 AM

mike... i have no idea how you're chipping that stuff? do you have a long narrow tool that works? seems that would be tough. Grab a mask and a torch, hold and torch, tar will drip out. my issue in the past has been the junction box on some mani
For Sale Petroliana for Offers, Bids or Trades (unpriced)
Jump to new posts Re: Tokheim 39 tall parts by K W FRITH @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:53 AM

Parts are all sold. Thanks to all that inquired.
Jump to new posts Re: Toy cars -HotRods and racers by It's for sale @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:48 AM

#2 is sold , thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Remove Tar From Light Fixture by Mike M. @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:46 AM

I always try to chip it all out so I don't get into the melting/toxic part. Once you seem to get it breaking apart it always seems to remove pretty good.
Jump to new posts Re: tack? by K W FRITH @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:46 AM

Clean it up and install it in your old Ford Falcon!
Jump to new posts Re: Remove Tar From Light Fixture by big blazer @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:42 AM

I put in the fire when I burn my brush and leave it as the fumes from the tare are toxic.
Jump to new posts Remove Tar From Light Fixture by nes @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:33 AM

What's a good way to remove the hardened tar from inside a pump light fixture so it can be rewired? Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: 42" Cadillac DSP Sign Value by wolf1980 @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:15 AM

I was going to comment but I don't think I can state it any better than JimT did.
Jump to new posts Re: oval gargoyle signs by Dave's Garage @ Thu Feb 26 2015 11:13 AM

Is a square and a rectangle the same? Those that know the difference, know that they are totally different. Those that don't, will and may conclude that they are the same. Curved = A line that deviates from straightness in a smooth, continuous fash
Page 19 of 54 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 53 54 >

Copyright 2014 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved