Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
7 minutes ago
Attempting to get a Eco 97 functioning. Removed the housing covers and hooked up air. There is air leaking out of a small rectangular port just below the main valve. And there is no difference when closing the hook. New to this tireflator operation. I've checked Jack Sim's site and know what parts are available and he offers a rebuild service. Seems like my problem goes beyond diaphram and strainer gasket replacement. I know there is a lot of expertise with these units on this forum. What direction should I go??? Thanks in advance. Bob
0 1 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
8 minutes ago
SOLD last night on facebook! Listed it here for 2 days first though.
3 267 Read More
9 minutes ago
SOLD last night on facebook. Posted it here for 2 days first though.
1 233 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
36 minutes ago
Just a follow up. I have 11 units coming out of Iowa and 10 out of New York. Hoping for 10 from SoCal....soon? For all the guys who answered my call, I want to say Thank You! It is greatly appreciated. Best Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com
3 272 Read More
40 minutes ago
This is what Salt Lake looks like this morning , and its just getting started .
5 251 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
43 minutes ago
I have a 25' hexagon with the proper yard arm for sale on my site. It is under For Sale..."Original Signs". It came out of Auburn, Alabama, where I picked it up, and is at my shop in Maryland. It can be freighted to you or you can pick it up with a flat bed car trailer. Rhode Island to here and back is a daytrip. Paul www.severngaspumps.com cell 410-245-3210
5 213 Read More
46 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Grizamel
Thank you both for the insight. Do either of you know why it does not mention Socony at all?

Socony Vacuum was the name of the US-based company, each foreign arm was given a different name specific to the area. For instance, Swedish cans from the 50s display the Vacuum Oil Co AB name, no Socony mention.

Great find btw!
4 136 Read More
55 minutes ago
Thank you both for the insight. Do either of you know why it does not mention Socony at all?
4 136 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
1 hour ago
Just one little wood container though probably around 100 years old. A neat addition to the Imperial Oil 'Diamond' grease tins.
10 215 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
1 hour ago
Good morning Markus...I just recently stripped out two 70's, and have all the items you listed...Not sure at this point how heavy and how big of a box it will take to ship...You can
have the parts for free...Give me a week to gather all the parts, weigh them and I can give you a weight. I will need a shipping address..I think we can pull this off, just need a little time...
send me a pm with any details (address) and we can go from there...Warren (SWABBY).
11 252 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
1 hour ago
I have these.
4 104 Read More
1 hour ago
Me thinks this one is beyond the time we thought we had seen it all.
In line with the reach this fantasy already presents, I guess we could acknowledge there were four different grades of product available back in the heyday of this London based Company - Kerosene, white gas or lamp oil, gasoline and diesel.
Hard to imagine the creator going from round to square lines in the makeup of the standing column.
4 859 Read More
1 hour ago
Picked up a Mobil Crystal Clear can to go with my Mobil collection.
Steve
10 215 Read More
2 hours ago
I will buy these also.
Thanks,
Dave
1 121 Read More
2 hours ago
Thanks Tom!
3 122 Read More
2 hours ago
Sold.
3 371 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
2 hours ago
https://www.ebay.com/itm/National-A-38-gas-pump-petroliana/303036062761?hash=item468e5b5c29:g:GSoAAOSwWN5cROJc
11 577 Read More
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Stu K.
That can would hold 5 gallons of petroleum product. It would usually sit on the side or in the back of a tank wagon that held various bulk products. It could just travel in a wagon or a pickup. It might hold a specialty fuel or oil. That can is post 1900. Early cans had no ribs/flutes, next were horizontal ribs. Later cans had the vertical ribs. That tag indicates that it was approved for sales in those states. Inside the top of the neck should be a brass tag that says something like "5 gallons to this point", with an arrow. I would vaguely say from the teens to the 30's for a date. My research indicates that these were not painted at all. I have some that are not painted. They are soda blasted, which gives a super smooth finish compared to sandblasting. In general I believe that is a fair price for that can with the company name. Some would argue higher, some lower. It is, of course, yours to paint or not paint to your liking.

Thanks for all of this info, Stu.

I've seen plenty of Sunoco, Sinclair and SOCONY versions of this can. I've never come across a Cities Service version so I grabbed it for what the seller was willing to cut it loose. This can will have a nice soda blasting in the spring. I'd rather keep it original finish rather than slop paint on it.
2 201 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
6 hours ago
This is a sign that has Esso on one side and Standard Oil on the oil. Understand it is rare. Appreciate feedback on the rarity of it (maybe it is not that rare), and market price. It is not my sign.
0 46 Read More
8 hours ago
as gulfiend said, from after WWII but not younger than 1955 when the company name changed to Mobil Oil Co, world wide.
4 136 Read More
9 hours ago
The only "GULF No-nox" sign that I can find on this site has a blue back. Is there a legitmate version with a white back?
0 50 Read More
10 hours ago
Here's a pic of my Wayne 60... Not framed very well, but it's all I got for this category smile
5 251 Read More
10 hours ago
I don't know anything about it. But my first thought (which is a guess) is that it is a jar to hold paint, to paint the letters or white walls on your tires. I'm probably wrong, but just taking a jab at it.

-Steve
1 63 Read More
10 hours ago
Originally Posted by RedHat
bases are easily replaced.

Does Tom Buckles sell them??? LOL
2 108 Read More
Known & Suspected Unmarked Petro Reproductions
11 hours ago
Tt
33 66,959 Read More