Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
For Sale Petroliana with prices
20 minutes ago
Thanks. I appreciate it. It was a fun little restoration.
4 339 Read More
57 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Derbygasman
Sent you a text

I don't think I got it. 920-279-1206
4 574 Read More
2 hours ago
$250 shipped for the three, very nice conditions
0 22 Read More
2 hours ago
More
2 21 Read More
2 hours ago
More
3 20 Read More
Petroliana Value Questions
5 hours ago
From 1919-1926. I’m not a globe expert. The 2016 globe CD has them around $600-850. So I would guesstimate around $800-1000 now-a-days. Maybe someone else will chime in if there have been recent sales. Just my 2 cents.

Speaking of that, Scott Benjamin’s new Globe Guide just came out. I highly recommend it. I think everyone in this hobby should get it. Even if your not into globes, it has a wealth of company info and can also help with what years which logos were used.

And I’m not plugging his guide for any other reason than the fact that I don’t know how I got by without it in the past.
1 22 Read More
5 hours ago
Sold locally.
1 334 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
6 hours ago
haaaaaa cool. It was one of my nicknames in high school. Then it got shortened to just Speed.

You can come pick up that red narrow body and a Bennett that still runs and pumps gas anytime you want. I’m not too far. Only around 2400 miles one way.
13 187 Read More
8 hours ago
$48 shipped
0 27 Read More
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
8 hours ago
This beauty is mine. It will be in the big Glenn Miller auction coming up on Friday, December 6 in Tomah, Wisconsin. No bidder's premium for in-person bidders. Bid online through AuctionZip. Glenn personally packages items for shipping, and is very reasonable. Or, he’s also happy to hold purchased items for pick-up at his shop near Tomah.

This sign I'm selling is the 1937-1938 early version of the red, white, and blue, 42” BUICK Authorized Service sign. It's a very nice quality sign. Two-sided porcelain, with very good gloss. The only blemish of note is at the lower edge on both sides (shown in my photos here). This sign is identified as the “early version” by the smaller BUICK script logo. The postwar version of this BUICK sign has a noticeably bigger BUICK logo.

Here's a link to the auction page for this super condition sign: https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/porcelain-buick-valve-in-head-service-sign_B55423FB3F/

Thanks for looking. John
0 47 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
9 hours ago
Hey Kevin, can you get a couple pics of the one on the left, in particular the flange? It looks really close.

BrianH
4 169 Read More
9 hours ago
I agree.thanks for everyone's input.
6 209 Read More
9 hours ago
Plates are sold
2 224 Read More
10 hours ago
Clint,

I am writing an article about Gulftane for "Check the Oil." Can I have you permission to use one of the pictures in the article?

Jack Sim
2 244 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
10 hours ago
Aren't those neat? A great many years in the old car hobby, and I've never seen these before. Good luck with your sale. John
1 50 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
10 hours ago
Hi, Gang. I'd like to buy a good condition pair of ASHLAND FLYING OCTANES ETHYL globe lenses. Either for glass or plastic body. Would buy a complete globe, if necessary at your end. I thought it would just be easier to ship lenses-only. Please send me a PM. Thanks for looking. John
0 22 Read More
10 hours ago
Ed Jacobsen is still going strong, and his museum (above) is packed with good quality gas/oil goodies. Lots of gas globes among the displays. John
3 79 Read More
11 hours ago
Pm sent
1 54 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
11 hours ago
My god wish you were closer.
1 49 Read More
Transportation Bulletin Board
11 hours ago
Need a base in Texas brought to Dixie Gas in a couple of weeks. Any help would really be appreciated.
0 11 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
12 hours ago
great shell can!!!! Great Conoco for Mr. Pyett. He's the Dali Lama of pickers!
12 426 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
12 hours ago
I have 3 or 4 six-foot Texaco's to choose from and I'm right across the border. I'm between Detroit and Port Huron. I don't have any poles. My number is in my profile if you want to come take a look at them.

-Steve
5 756 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
My buys of the month
8 390 Read More
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
An outside opinion:

You said " Not sure I want to Jerry rig something for the globe connection seeing how they did not come with them."

So don't. You obviously liked them without the globes. Paint them and enjoy!

You also said "with the globe on them makes them too high for the house".
So don't put a globe on them now. Enjoy them as they are or after they are painted the way you want.

I can't see the entire garage but from what I can see, they would look good positioned on either side of your cabinet on the left and let the globes on the top shelf be the focus for globes. IMO would be a nice display.

When you are ready to sell; deal with adding a globe at that time, if that's what buyers want/demand.

Oh, one more option....
You could cut a hole in the ceiling like this Texas Museum did in order to display their Texaco Pumps....🙄😂
5 191 Read More
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
PM sent
1 137 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2019 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved